Friday, November 19, 2010

Sheldon and A Happy Friday

David took the day off today to do some kind of male prostate roto-rooter or something like that.  I find it amusing that men feel the need to take a full day off for that sort of thing.  I'm happy to report, that I had a far more enjoyable day than my husband:


Yes, I rescued little Sheldon today!  I think the best part of this video is watching my two hooligan tabbies swiping at each other in the background.  :)

I have a wonderful volunteer driver taking Mr. Sheldon to his new home, which will no doubt turn out to be a forever home.  Thank you Jennifer!!!  Many thank you's to those who rallied to help Sheldon.  He's quite a little character. 

More good news to report:  Forever Home Cat Rescue has received it's first monetary donation!  This was really exciting for me.  I needed to establish a "pipeline" of money in order to begin rescuing and vetting cats in January.  Tomorrow, I'm going to my bank and open an account especially for the rescue.  (*insert nervous laugh here*) 

I'm starting to see some REAL changes happening at the shelter, thanks to the new manager over there.  They've changed their name from Animal Control to "Animal Services".  There's now a big sign on the shelter door entering the animal area, "We Want To Go Home!"  I started to cry when I saw it.   The changes are slow - lots of approvals need to happen first.  But they WILL happen and I'm so happy to be part of this change.

It was a good day....a really, really, good day.  Keep 'em coming! 

10 comments:

Kea said...

I had to watch that video twice, because I was so taken with baby Sheldon that I didn't even catch your cats in the background the first time.

Oh, dear little baby....my heart's a puddle on the floor. I'm so happy you've rescued him and that he's going to a great foster (possibly forever) home.

Congrats on your first monetary donation!

Beth, can you set up a PayPal account for donations, once you get the bank account set up? A PayPal button on your blog and/or shelter site (if you are planning a different one) would be fabulous.

A happy day indeed and hallelujah for a new manager at "Animal Services."

House of the Discarded said...

Kea: Great idea about the Paypal account! Thank you for reminding me of that option! ((HUGS))

Cindy, Bertie, Sammy, O'Malley and Batman said...

What a happy day! If you ever doubted it, surely Sheldon is proof that you indeed work miracles for these cats! Also, I'm delighted your rescue is coming along! Needless to say, you will get a Christmas donation from us too :-) I think the paypal account is a great idea! Makes it *so* easy!

And about those changes at the shelter, wow! That is *such* amazing and uplifting news!

Also uplifting news is the fact that Batman is finally eating me out of house and home :-) He finishes his own, then mooches around the other cats' bowles for more :-) He's getting the beginning of a little fat kitten butt and a nice little round tummy :-)

Cindy

House of the Discarded said...

Cindy: Batman is my special boy and can have anything he wants, right?? *wink* :) :)

Thank you so much for sharing in my good, good day!

Unknown said...

That is so wonderful about the positive changes being made at the shelter!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear about the positive changes the new manager is making.

I'm so happy to read that Sheldon is out of there, along with that little angel with the pink toes.

Debbie said...

It must make you feel great to know how things are changing at the shelter.
Better late than never.
Hope more changes wil come!!!

Forty Paws said...

What a cute little Sheldon! Thank you for rescuing him!

Thank you for your kind words on Gatsbi's passing over to The Bridge. She will be dearly missed here at Forty Paws.

Luf, Us and Maw

Anonymous said...

Great to hear you had a good day...
This was too cute not to pass on.


http://ca.video.yahoo.com/network/100899001?v=8571610&l=4695079

Wait until the end :)

Brandon said...

Awww he's supper cute :)