Thursday, November 04, 2010

Predictability

Today was one of those "git 'er done" sort of days.  I suppose everybody has those days and I'm grateful I'm not one of the 9-5 working set that can only manage errands on the weekends. 

With great trepidation , I mailed the package to become a registered charity.  I marched deliberately to the postal box, but by the time I arrived I ended up with shaking hands and almost turned back to go home with my package in hand.  I dropped it in with a "what will be, will be" attitude and walked home - my stomach churning.  There's a fairly good chance that I'll be turned down.  Canadian Charities Directorate perfers to give charitable status to those who are currently in business.  I'm hopeful that my years in rescue and serving on boards - here in Canada and California - will account for something. 

I'm happy to report that shortly after I blogged about "Spritzer" yesterday, I received a happy email from Debbie at Forgotten Ones Cat Rescue saying that she'll be happy to rescue my orange and white fluffy boy!  The dental work is going to be expensive, so I really appreciate any donations to go directly to Forgotten Ones Cat Rescue - Click Here to Donate.  Forgotten Ones isn't a huge rescue, but they're very reputable and do great work!  Debbie rescues quite a few cats from this shelter, so I'm always happy to help her. 

Tomorrow, I'm rescuing Spritzer from the shelter and getting a much needed "root job".  Why is it that I just know it'll be a good day when my hair looks good? 

I can only hope that I can walk away from a certain brown tabby kitten at the shelter tomorrow...

I shouldn't be so predictable, but I am.  Does this guy have "Beth" written all over him? 

Last night, I had a lovely couple come over and meet my foster guy "Doodle".  They left without him because they want to think things over and were worried about their cat Priscilla would think about Doodle...yada...yada...yada...

Of course, my first thought was when they called,  "Oh boy...if Doodle gets adopted I can rescue Chase..."  

I have no shame. 

6 comments:

Cindy, Bertie, Sammy and O'Malley said...

I'm *so* happy about Spritzer! :-) And yay for the rescue that is taking him. As soon as he is rescued, I will donate towards his dental bill as promised :-)

Fingers crossed about your charity. Although I can understand some of the reasoning, it does seem strange that preference is given to those in business already...I mean, who's got the money for that?

As far as Chase is concerned...would your dear hubby *really* notice another tabby? As long as you make sure they're not all in the same room, I'd say you get away with it ;-)

House of the Discarded said...

Cindy: I'm sorta negotiating with myself along those lines. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Beth, I just have one word for you: twelve.

And you recall that one of them was a "well, he's not a sibling, but he looks enough like them...". Hee hee hee!

You gotta take that tabby. And you know it.

Renee

House of the Discarded said...

Renee: You're killing me!

Anonymous said...

That's the plan!

And if Debbie is reading, I made the donation through the CanadaHelps link, and referenced Spritzer in the note. He's a cutie pie.

So's that tabby kitten...

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Shouldn't they have been thinking about what their Pricilla before they came to meet Doodle? Maybe I don't know because every one of my cats was a "needs you now!" sort of thing. I wonder what it would be like to actually pick a pet...