Monday, November 29, 2010

A *Joy*- Filled Day

As predicted, I didn't sleep well last night.  But I went to sleep knowing that I would rescue "Joy" in the morning!  I could hardly wait to hop in the car and head out to get my girl. 

Her cage card read:  "Hold" or "PTS"  (Put to sleep)  Not for our Joy:

 Imagine my surprise when she WALKED out of the cage!  She definitely wasn't feeling great, but she knew something good was going to happen.  :)  I drove Joy 80 minutes to a veterinarian far North of the city.  As I type this, she's being examined and has a HUGE fluffy towel to sleep on.  Hurray!

I also rescued "Rusty" today:
I received a phone call from a another rescue.  They had an adopter looking for a 4 month old kitten and "did I have anything to fit the bill at the shelter?"  "Hell yes, I do!"  I drove into Toronto with Rusty this morning and met a VERY excited new Mom.  Rusty flopped over in her lap purring.  It was love at first sight. 

Tonight, David and I are going to dinner and the theatre with our (nice) neighbours.  They just adopted a dog from a rescue and it's been really special getting to know them with "Rescue" as the common denominator.  I'm exhausted, but gulping sipping my coffee quickly with hope to not fall asleep during Fiddler on The Roof tonight. 

Thank you to all involved.  Today has truly been a day filled with Joy!

12 comments:

Kea said...

This is absolutely wonderful, Beth! Hurrah for Joy and for Rusty! Fingers crossed for Joy at the vet.

Enjoy your evening out; I hope you stay awake!

P.S. Are you going to go ahead with a PayPal button once things are set up? I know I mentioned it before and you had responded that it was a good idea, I just wanted to check on the status of that.

Kim said...

Tears of joy. So happy.

Caroline said...

Yay! Glad to read that Joy has been rescued! She is definitely a survivor! And the little orange dude! That makes 2 cats rescued and room for 2 to survive another day!

House of the Discarded said...

Kea: Thank you for reminding me! Tomorrow is an "administrative day" for me - that might be a good day to set it up.

Sparkle said...

Happy day!

Anonymous said...

Love the new logo! Did you ever talk about the amazing rescue day you had on Sunday? I know you got sidetracked with 'Joy', but we're all anxious to hear about it.
Tina

House of the Discarded said...

Tina: That's RIGHT! I totally forgot! :)

Anonymous said...

What happened to the little black and white guy in the cage next to Joy's? He looked so excited for a second because he thought you were going to open his cage. :( Did he make it out?

House of the Discarded said...

Anonymous: The little black and white guy is still at the shelter. He looked so excited when he saw me today. But I don't know if he'll make it for Friday's vet day.

Anonymous said...

Ugh. Thanks for the update. I hope someone fosters him - although without exposure on your blog, who really noticed him but me?

I've got seven cats in my home now, so I really cannot foster him. But please kiss him for me the next time you see him, and tell him I'm sorry I don't have room for him and that I'm sorry that the world didn't make room for him.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the blk/wht guy that was beside Joy got out of the shelter along with his 2 brothers :) The chipmunks (Alvin, Simon, Theodore) were all rescued together on Friday!

Anonymous said...

Are you serious?! The black and white guy got next to Joy got out? :D