Friday, November 05, 2010

Friday Videos!

I was out of bed this morning while it was still dark today.  (I know....no sympathy from most of you!)  So much to do and so little time to do it!

Debbie from Forgotten Ones Cat Rescue was over the moon happy over the donations that came in to help Spritzer!  (Me too!)  It's a huge thing when smaller rescues take cats like Spritzer who need dental work.  As some of you know, dental work isn't inexpensive and your donations allowed Spritzer to be rescued:


As I type this, Spritzer is now in a loving foster home and his dental surgery has been scheduled for early next week.  Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Y'all are going to be surprised that I did not come home with that adorable tabby kitten.  I held and kissed him, but knew that bringing another cat into my home for a possible extended period of time wasn't a good idea for my guys.  It killed me to leave him there, but I'll do my best to get him out. 

I walked into another cat room at the shelter to hear horrible desperate crying from a young cat.  I know the sound.  It usually means it's a cat that isn't doing well in a cage environment and it's a plea for help.  I walked up and down the aisle and quickly found the little guy who was so upset:


Be still my heart!  These kind desperate guys KILL me!  He's about 5 months old and adorable!  If I rescued him I'd name him "Batman".  He's not doing well in that cage, so I'm praying somebody comes forward to help him. 

"Nobody can do everything....but everybody can do something..."  I need to keep telling myself that.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now it's your turn to be killing me! That little guy would be awesome with my foster boys, but I have no way of quarantining him. He's adorable!

Renee

Cindy, Bertie Sammy and O'Malley said...

Yay for Spritzer! I've just donated to his cause as promised. I hope he has a long and happy life to look forward to! Thank you *and* the Forgotten Ones :-)

Batman is adorable...

Unknown said...

So happy for Spritzer and praying for Batman.

Beth, I have to tell you, not 2 seconds into playing your spritzer video, my cat came out on nowhere in total spaz attack mode and I threw my laptop and ended up having to break up a dog/cat fit! I guess she doesn't dig the sound of those cats pleas for help :/

Luckypaws said...

Spritzer is such a beauty! If I didn't live on the other side of the world I would consider adopting him myself!

I hope Batman finds rescue soon.

Supernova said...

Renee, how long do you quarantine them before allowing them in with the rest of the "herd"?

Maybe we could work something out?

msfitzita said...

Is there an update on Batman?

He's haunting me...

I can't take him, but I just need to know if he's okay.

House of the Discarded said...

Msfitzita: YES! Batman has been rescued (check out a few of the later posts) in a loving foster home. Currently, he's sick at the vets, but is doing MUCH better now.

-B

msfitzita said...

Oh YAY! I'm so glad to hear that! I must have missed the update - sorry!

I hope he's feeling much, much better and back at his foster home soon.

Thanks for letting me know!