Monday, November 08, 2010

....And the Cradle Will Fall...

I received two urgent pleas from Kim at the shelter this afternoon.  I hate getting pictures like this, because I want to throw caution to the wind, jump in my car and run to the shelter.  Her email as follows:

"She has obviously been not treated well. She has little hematoma's on her ears (from either someone constantly flicking her ears or trauma to her head) and a possible cleft palate (part of her top lips is missing). She is about 5 weeks old and eating well. SUPER affectionate and all purrs!"



Then she sends me another picture of this sweet white angel that came in a few hours ago.  She's only 4 weeks old. 
I want to kiss her little pink nose and say, "Where is your Mommy?"  Kim said she's eating well, and "sucking the wet food".  :(  
Poor little lamb. 

UPDATE at 6:45 pm Monday:  WHITE KITTEN HAS PLACEMENT AND IS BEING RESCUED TOMORROW!  WE STILL NEED PLACEMENT FOR THE TORTIE BABY!

After all the hard work yesterday, the cycle of cats coming in and out of the shelter never seems to end.  I'd gladly give up my volunteer job if it means that I'm not needed any longer due to a lack of cats that need help. 
If anybody knows anyone that can help either one, please let me know.  They need to get out of the shelter tomorrow. (Tuesday) 
I wasn't planning on blogging today, but how can I turn away?  I keep telling myself, "If only Forever Home Cat Rescue were ready to go...."   Ugh.  Petfinder contacted me today and my veterinary reference letter has been faxed.  All I need is my Charitable status and I'm good to go.
I'm going to lose sleep over these two babies tonight....I just know it. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sad that you are in Canada. I wish you were somewhere that I could drive to and I would come get this little kitten. I love torties and I live in Colorado, USA. I am praying for a good home for this little baby. Thank you for doing this rescue work.