Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Catching Up....

It was the kind of day where I put my coat on and left the house at 10:30.  I didn't take it off until 4:30 this afternoon.  I never stopped today!  From the foster parent's home, to Petsmart, to the shelter, to the vets, to the pet store for cat food, to a doctor's appointment, to the pharmacy.  I didn't have lunch until I dropped off a cat at a foster home, and she had turkey rice soup for me - to go!  Bless her heart...it was the only food I had all day!  (Note to my family:  Dinner is going to be late and I dare you to complain about it!

Whew....(insert deep breath here)

Happy New Year to all!  Last year, on January 3rd I officially opened my rescue.  It's been a year, and we've had 495 adoptions during the course of the year.  That's a staggering number to me.  I never thought that our little rescue would find homes for almost 500 cats!  I don't know what I expected, but I don't think I expected that many!  I had sent out a "Merry Christmas" email to our foster parents the week before Christmas and announced 481 adoptions - but we ended up with 14 more adoptions before the end of the year!

Yesterday, we opened at TWO Petsmart stores.  Thank heavens for our volunteers - I couldn't come close to doing what they did yesterday!  We ended up with NINE adoptions between both stores on the first day!

Thanks for allowing me a brag-fest today.  I feel very blessed.  There are rescues who do more, and rescues who do less - it's all about the cats.  When one finds a home, I'm happy. 

We rescued a very cute guy that I'm dying to name "Mack".  His name is "Freddy" at the shelter, but I definitely think this handsome guy looks like a "Mack":
 

Happy One Year Anniversary to our little rescue, and Happy Four Year Anniversary to my blog.  I'm so proud of everything we've accomplished - the good, the bad, and everything in between.  But most importantly,  thank you for taking the Rescue Rollercoaster Ride with me...

14 comments:

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

How absolutely wonderful!! Congratulations

Deb said...

I thank God everyday for people like you. It's the best compliment I can give you. You are a wonderful soul who works hard to mend the wrongs that are done to cats in your area. Thank you for that and congratulations for your anniversaries. Hugs, Deb=^..^=x4

Concerned Kitty said...

A Big Congratulations to the little rescue that did, that is, find homes for those who did not have a chance with out you. Thank you to every one involved. You really have something to be proud of! We really can do something.

All the best for 2012 and that number will double this year.

Robyn said...

Happy anniversary to Forever Home Cat Rescue and congratulations on your huge success in just one year!

Chrissykat said...

Wow!!! You have every right to toot your horn...those are wonderful adoption numbers!!! Think of all those precious souls in loving homes...because of YOU & your rescue. Amazing & inspiring. A huge congrats on all your dedication & hard work. Look at that sweet Mack who has a chance at a fabulous life now. It doesn't get better than that.

Fuzzy Tales said...

Happy anniversary and WELL DONE to all your volunteers/fosters! 495 is a lot of cats for your first year...for any year. So kudos to all.

Here's to an even better 2012!

BTW, I call all cats like Mack a "Chumley cat" after my beloved Chumley. Long-haired, tabby, gorgeous, a sweetheart. :-)

Melissa W. said...

Congratulations on the 1 year anniversary of our rescue group.

Having almost 500 cats rescued in only a years time shows promise for the future! It can only grow from here, especially since we now have the help of two wonderful PetSmarts!
It feels so good to be apart of such a positive and fun group of people that make fostering (good and bad parts) so rewarding.

To many more years ahead! CHEERS!

Debbie said...

Happy Anniversery to all in FHCR !!
It has been a great year for sure.

"Mack" is a sweetie, let me trim his nails and then slept on my lap while I watched General hospital.
Even let me brush him and trim some knots.
I think he is a doll!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Amazing number of lives saved. I was bragging to my Vet today about your blog. Had I known the numbers I would have told her!

Harpurr's Mom

Sparkle said...

Wow, you have saved a LOT of kitties in just one year! I'm so glad the shelter kitties in your area have an advocate like you!

Princess Jasmine said...

Congratulations on a successful first year. We are all so proud of the great work you have done helping these kitties find their forever homes. It makes us feel all warm inside :)xx

Random Felines said...

WOW!!!! That is so very awesome! Congrats on the first year and we are purring for so very many more - you are doing great work!

Caroline said...

Congrats Beth, I was trying to think what 500 cats would look like if you put them all in one room, a reunion photo would be so cool.

Josie said...

I love hearing you toot! (your horn that is!) What a wonderful post! And a Happy Anniversary to your rescue!
You have been such an inspiration to me, keep up the good work!