Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Joy-Filled Weekend!

If I'm blogging on a Sunday night, David must be out of town.  He's in Portugual on business and I've spent a Sunday doing nothing but rescue-stuff.  As much as I hate to admit it, it's been wonderful to have some weekend freedom to do what I need to do for the rescue - guilt free!

I went to the shelter today and rescued a cute fluffy tabby kitten that I named "Smuckers", along with "Millie":

I also rescued a very handsome guy named "Malcom":



I can't imagine what this guy must've been thinking when I sang my Rescue Song:



It was very quiet at the shelter today.  There weren't many cats.  While I was there a tearful family was reunited with their beloved dog.  Such a joyful reunion!  I wish they could all be loved and missed like this dog. 

I'm VERY happy to say that we had 3 BLACK cat adoptions this weekend *AND* our little Twinkle was adopted into a magnificent home!   We've been having trouble keeping our Petsmart Adoption Centres "stocked" with cats, as adoptions have been incredible!  

What a joy-filled weekend!  I'm going back to the shelter tomorrow....there's a little girl that I can't stop thinking about and she needs me us. 

6 comments:

Shane Kent Louis said...

Your both cute on your photos :D



--------------------------------
It's all About Pet Fences | Dog Fence

Deb said...

Malcolm looks like my cat of many years ago, Charity. I would have adopted him in a second. What a cutie pie. Looking forward to see who the lucky one is tomorrow. Hugs, Deb=^..^=x4

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

The shelter I volunteer at just had to import 20 cats because they were so low. I just read a news article about another shelter near by that has lines waiting for pets. I wonder if the economy is starting to turn around and making people feel a little more comfortable opening their homes to pets

Rivi said...

Dear Beth,

May all your rescues be like today.

May there be few cats at the shelter because they have been rescued or ADOPTED!

May there be more adoptive parents, than cats who need good homes.

AMEN.

Shannon said...

Malcom's 'after' picture is going to be so much better than his 'before'. I just know it. :)

Random Felines said...

YEAH!!!! We love those house panther (and every other) adoptions!!