Wednesday, January 25, 2012

From The Sick Room

There are very few things worse than a case of the stomach flu, but yesterday allowed me to reacquaint myself with my porcelain friend.  I won't go into details, because I'm still ridiculously sick, but am glad to still be alive this morning.  :)

While I was crawling into the washroom on my hands and knees, a volunteer was at the shelter rescuing "Josie" and 3 adorable kittens:
Josie had been at the shelter since before Christmas and was quite depressed.  I'm happy to say that Josie went from the shelter to an AMAZING Forever Home:

She waited a long time.  Doesn't this picture make her look like she's lived there forever?  It was taken shortly after her rescue.  Bless her little heart.

Going back to bed with happier thoughts of the day.

6 comments:

Deb said...

OMG - I just wanted to cry at Josie's after photo. Bless her little heart is right. They must feel they will never leave the shelter once there. Best life ever is wished for her.

Fuzzy Tales said...

Oh, Josie....look at her. She certainly does look like she's been there forever. Purrs for a long and happy life in her new home!

And purrs that you feel better soon, too, Beth.

-Nicki and Derry

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Josie on your new foster home.... how wonderful to be in a loving and caring home while you raise your babies.

Beth, I hope that you are feeling better soon. :)

Rivi said...

Beth, try ginger or ginger tea for the nausea.

It helped my mother's nausea after SERIOUS surgery.

Feel better soon!

May all your days be like Monday, and may all the shelter cats have Josie's luck.

Caroline said...

Yay Josie and the babies!

Beth, you are very much like Peter MacKay's new wife who rescues kids off of death row in Iran except you rescue cats, both noble and necessary deeds.

Josie said...

To have a mostly black cat that shares my name...I love it! (My first cat was a black cat!)
I'm glad she has a good home now :)

Very sorry about your stomach bug :( There is a virus spreading around my town-I'm hoping my usual luck of not catching puke-bugs stays with me.