Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Juggling and a Tabby Fix

I went back to the shelter today to merely do some paperwork that I had promised would be done yesterday, but I ran out of time. It was a lovely day and the drive out there seemed particularly inviting on a sunny, warm afternoon.

My plan was to sign the paperwork for the rescues last week, visit with Kim and leave. No sense in torturing myself by going back to the cat area, right? I don't know why I make deals like that with myself. I always come out feeling like a big fat loser.

Not only did I go back into the cat area, but I left with a foster cat for myself!! What was I thinking? I rescued a perfect little 16 week old brown tabby female. Generally, my gang doesn't do well with a female but she looked so cute sitting in her cage...well, dammit...I couldn't leave her there!

She's currently in The Land of Dirty Underwear, and it's been reported that she "gives kisses" and snuggles. "Awwww..." At this point, she's probably looking around my son's room and thinking, "Holy crap...from the frying pan, into the fire!"

I left my camera at the shelter today, and wanted to take some pictures while I was there.

I spent some time with the Tortie Mom who had been separated from her kittens. The maternity cages are all full, so we can't reunite the family. I'm worried that the shelter is going to euthanize Mom because "they're already separated". Those kittens are her ticket out of the shelter.

There's a cat named "Dickens" who has been at the shelter a long time - since mid-March. He's currently in a maternity cage in order to give the poor guy some space. If I could get somebody to foster him, we could move the Mom and kittens into his cage TOGETHER.

Dickens is such a nice young boy. He needs to get out of that shelter - fast. It would be a horrific thing if he was euthanized after spending 3 months in a cage.

I need a name for my little Tabby girl. Clementine? Camille? For now, she's just "the baby". What a sweet, feminine little face!

My name is "Beth"....but for today, my name is W-I-M-P. I don't think David will notice another tabby running around, will he?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been having nightmares about the little tortie mom and her family. Please let us know if she and the kittens make it through the euthanasia day today.

-Simone

House of the Discarded said...

Simone: The Tortie Mom and her babies made it through the Euthanasia Day today. But they are not safe for Friday. I have a few more days to try to help her!

Lisa said...

names hmmmmm.......

Bijou
Porche
Gidget
Lucy-Lou
Rizzo
Shelby

I bet your son would like Porche or Shelby. ;)