Wednesday, August 03, 2011

A Few Updates

I thought a follow up was in order regarding the little tabby girl that I rescued on July 21st.  Her cage had already been marked for euthanasia and I couldn't leave her behind.  If you missed that post, you can read about her here.  This is her new life in her foster home with her new friends:

If the pictures don't make you tear up, maybe the email from "Angel's" foster Mom will:

"So this is "Angel"....as un-original as that name is, she literally is a little angel so the name has stuck.
She is the most friendly cuddly little thing I have ever met, she sleeps under the covers with me and will curl up to anyone who has any space on their lap for her. She adores Amos, so she definitely get along with other cats, I think she would be fine with dogs as well as long as they are "kitten friendly". She doesn't mind being poked and played with by kids either, my girlfriend has a 6-year old and he carries her around and plays with her for hours on end and she just can't get enough of the attention. She is really an all around angel of a cat."


I can't imagine what our world would be like without "Angel" in it and I'm so grateful I grabbed her at the last minute.  She's going to make somebody VERY happy.

Another email I received out of the blue completely warmed my heart!  It was about a cat named "Minucho" that I rescued in May 2010.  You can read about Minucho here.  Her email: 
"Hello.
I found your blog when googling the name Minucho. You wrote about his rescue in May 2010.
I was excited to find that story and your wonderful blog. Today I adopted Minucho from Forgotten Ones. I also adopted his friend Speck. Thank you so much for everything you do!"


Think about it....she googled her cat's name and found his rescue story and shelter picture!!  How cool is THAT?

Last month, I wrote about a sweet little cat named "Marci" that arrived into Animal Control with her leg dangling.  She had severe nerve damage and needed her leg amputated.  You can read about Marci here.  I was able to see Marci (now known as "Troika" today) and she's awesome!!!

Her foster Mom may be adopting her!  It's my understanding that even on 3 legs, she can kick some a$$ on the other cats.  Her foster Mom tells me that she'll stand on her hind legs and whomp on the other cats with one paw.  The visual is awesome :)

I love these stories and try to post them whenever I can.  They really warm my heart and keep me uplifted in times when I'm not feeling so terrific.  Sure, we're not saving the world.  But we mean something to them.

They sure mean something to *me*.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love happy endings :-) All wonderful, wonderful stories.

I only need to look at my 4 guys (all failed fosters and all rescued by you...you're way too good at matching cats and foster families) to realise just *how* much difference you make. And not just to the cats' lives, of course. I'm sure that the owners - well, staff, really - feel that their lives have changed for the better too. I certainly do.

Thanks for my guys!

Cindy, Bertie, Sammy, Malley and Batman

Sparkle said...

These are awesome stories, especially the first one about Angel, because she was rescued on my human's birthday - and on her Facebook she had posted that the only birthday wish she really wanted was that kitties' lives got saved!

Melissa W. said...

What amazing success stories!
So proud of the work you do.

KEEP IT UP :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! These happy endings (new beginnings really) totally made my day!

Thank you for everything you do for these guys!

House of the Discarded said...

Melissa W: Correction: *WE* do!

B

Devon said...

Oh hurray for updates! Everyone looks so happy! Keep up the awesome work!

Sharon said...

Minucho !! I loved caring for him soooo much. I am so happy for him. One of the sweetest boys ever!!
Lucky Boy has the most wonderful new home.

Lory and Co. said...

What wonderful stories! Makes me smile these little ones create so much happiness!

Caroline said...

That first picture of Angel and her new orange friend is soooo adorable! I wonder why the AC didn't stick her in with other kittens to extend her stay and keep her off the euth list? Glad you rescued her!

Random Felines said...

YEAH for good updates!!!! We love the follow ups. Like you, this is the reason we do what we do...