Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Floating To the Shelter

I didn't need a car today to go to the shelter.  I needed a canoe.  What a rain we had!  I'm not complaining, but it certainly slowed down my usual rescue, juggle and deliver of cats today to foster parents.

My apologies for neglecting to tell the readers what happened to the little pair that I asked for help:
I'm happy to report that they are safe and sound with one of our own Forever Home Cat Rescue foster parents. The pictures that have arrived have cracked me up. Their names are "Charlie Chaplin" and "Cracker Jack". I'm betting you can guess who is who:

I rescued 4 more kittens today - none of who are on the website. Three 4 week old little angels that are now BFF's with Charlie Chaplin and Cracker Jack. The other guy is a DLH orange and white kitten - 8 weeks old. Oh. My. Gosh. He's so cute I could've put sugar on him and spooned him up for breakfast.

I had a surprise phone call from one of our veterinarians yesterday.  I took the 3 kittens that I rescued to his office:
He calls me a few hours later and says that he wants to keep the little grey-short haired guy for himself and family!  So that was a pretty quick adoption, I think!!!

The shelter vet did arrive this morning, as predicted.  I don't want to ruin a couple of great rescue days talking about it.  It is....what it is.  Sad. 

I'm really falling behind in my admin work this week.  I had hoped to hang out tomorrow at home and work, but I screened a few foster Mom and there's an opening for a cat who can be rescued.  She sounds really nice and already has 4 cats and 3 dogs. 

Back to the shelter tomorrow....the admin stuff can wait again.


9 comments:

Lorelei said...

oh my god they are all so sweet. Charlie Chaplin is killing me, he's so adorable! So glad they found a foster home. :-)

mary said...

Charlie's look says it all....I no like baths!!

Devon said...

So many cute faces to cheer me up on a day like today! Love lots of rescues!!

Caroline said...

Great rescue! Oh to have a laundry room or any king of separate room!

Anonymous said...

Did the sweet mom you posted about yesterday who loved her kittens so much get euthanized?

House of the Discarded said...

Anonymous: NO!! She was rescued by another rescue!!!! *HAPPY DANCE*

Beth

Random Felines said...

OMC - love Charlie Chaplin & Cracker Jack....overwhelming cuteness!!!! And yeah for the quick adoption...and by the vet no less (can't get better than that).

Caroline said...

Yay for the Mom and her babies!

Caroline said...

Beth, those laundry pics of the kittens could be sold as greeting cards or posters for your rescue!