Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Keeping It Brief

Things seem to be cooking along as they should.  I neglected to add two cats to the weekend's adoptions, for a total of 21 cats adopted.  But I guess that's information that's a tad too late :)

Back to the shelter today to rescue a little guy that I completely forgot to rescue on Monday:
Turns out he has a huge abscess on his side.  Poor little guy - 12 weeks old with a bite mark?! 

Of course, I rarely leave with just one so took this sweet little pair:

I'm feverishly typing as David is picking me up for dinner shortly.  It's always an extra joyous day when I know that I don't have to cook! 

One of our rescued cats has a hip problem and needs x-rays, etc.  Whatever it is, it sounds very expensive. Keep your fingers crossed that we can fix this guy up without selling the farm.  It's been a while since I had a really expensive rescue.  I guess we were due.  *ack*  Of course, we get an expensive guy at the same time a bunch of kittens get sick.  Such is life, right? 

Lots happening - some good, some not-so-terrific.  I've been trying not to stress over the little things, because it's so easy to obsess over unimportant crap.  I was venting with David on the phone today and he said,  "Don't spend good energy fretting about bad people."

Now why didn't *I* think of that? :)

 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww the little one looks just like Blair. I'm a sucker for torties now! Your husband is right on that one.

Tina said...

David's a good guy! I'm gonna have to borrow his comment & post it. I think we all need to be reminded of this especially me!

Deb said...

Your husband is a smart man and those two look like little hellians. Good luck!

Debbie said...

Sounds like a quote we should all try to live by!
Chrissy is living well among the other 2 cats and 2 dogs.Jess said she is doing well
I saw Hansom on the site.....hummmm
Will let you know

Caroline said...

Great rescues but was that a Mum left in the cage when the 2 kids were rescued?

House of the Discarded said...

Caroline: Sorry...I'm not sure which Mum you mean. We don't rescue kittens without the Mom :)

Caroline said...

Hi Beth, Glad to hear it, there is a tabby behind the black kitten in your posted pic and I assumed it was Mum but it was probably another tabby that you rescued, knowing u, u wouldn't leave a tabby behind! My error.