Thursday, January 27, 2011

What Goes Up....Must Come Down

I've been flying high these past few weeks, so I knew it was only a matter of time before reality set in.   Sick cats, vet bills, and lack of time seem to be in order this week.  I'm definitely OK and was expecting this transition.  But I was hoping ...  :)

Fortunately, there have been few bad surprises, and I'm managing quite well despite it all.  QuickBooks scares me more than the vet bills.  I have one cat costing about $1000.00, and thanks to QuickBooks I know the nitty gritty of it all.  Ignorance CAN be bliss sometimes.

I was at the shelter this afternoon with 3 foster parents.  It's hard to watch foster parents agonizing which cats to take.  There has been some cats with Calici virus, so I wasn't much help as I worried about the ongoing vet bills.  Sad thing is - worrying about vet bills probably will never go away.  I don't think there is a private rescue in Canada that doesn't worry about vet bills.  I could buy lottery tickets....nah.

Soooooooo....here I am whining about vet bills, but we still rescued "Jerry" today:

Jerry was brought into the shelter after his finder saw him being flung out of a car window on the highway.  Jerry is limping, but I'm hopeful that it's a strain and not a fracture. 

Should I buy that lottery ticket now or later?  Hahaha :)

6 comments:

Lory and Co. said...

YAY for Jerry/Gem! That boy is a sweetheart - in need of a haircut!

Sparkle said...

I'm so glad you rescued Jerry - poor two-time loser. First he gets flung from a car. Then whoever finds him takes him somewhere he could have been put down. If my human had found him, she would have dropped everything and driven him to the vet's. Well, luckily he had you looking out for him. Maybe HE had a lottery ticket, MOL!

Anonymous said...

Boy, I sure hope the guy that saw the cat being flung out of the car got the license number.

House of Carnivores said...

Poor Jerry. I don't know what makes some people tick, I really don't. But hurrah for him being rescued! Maybe this will be where his luck turns back to good.

Unknown said...

Beautiful boy! Glad he survived being flung out a car window :/

Pip said...

I can't even imagine, on my worse day, hurting a defenseless, loving animal that way. It makes me sad for the world.
Then you come along and pick me back up again. Maybe you should get that ticket- you have some really good karma coming your way!