Thursday, January 06, 2011

Two Days Worth of Updates!

Like many people, I really thrive on routine.  I wake up, make coffee, feed cats, let the dog outside, etc.  So when the hard disk on my computer failed (turns out it wasn't a virus) and I lost ALL my data, I was lost.  In fact, I haven't been able to log onto Facebook because ALL of my passwords were set up on a simple little application called RoboForm! 

I think the worst part was losing my Address Book.  If you've sent me an email over the past 4 days, and you haven't heard back from me - please don't be offended, and resend.

Enough whining from me!  I've been a busy rescue girl the past few days and have rescued five happy cats!  "Forever Home"  is now up to TWENTY foster homes and despite all the computer problems, I'm content and things are moving along as they should.

Yesterday, I met an adopter and a new foster Mom at the shelter.  The senior adopter, left with Meriam a senior cat!  I couldn't have asked for a better match.  Our newest foster Mom left with "Seamus":
 


This video cracks me up.  When the foster Mom picked him up, he just dissolved into her arms.  There was NO WAY she would put Seamus back into that cage.  He was going home with her! 

Today, I rescued a couple of cuties for another new Foster Mom:
 "Hansel" is a happy little guy about 6 months old.  He originally came in with his sister Gretel, but the shelter euthanized her.  :(
Prince fits his name beautifully!  He's a sweetheart.  BOTH cats met the vet clinic's Beagle puppy and seemed very smitten and happy to play with him.  That was certainly a pleasant surprise! 

I've done a huge amount of driving over the past few days.  I think I've been on the road more than I've been at home.  A call came in this afternoon from a lovely sounding woman who was interested in a blind cat currently at the shelter, and is willing to adopt a "senior friend" for him!  She sounds SO incredibly nice.  Fortunately, I was able to corral my friend Kathleen into doing the drive tomorrow.  It's a HUGE victory for an unneutered blind cat and a senior cat to get out of the shelter together.  I'm kind of sorry that I'm not doing the rescue myself. 

I'm proclaiming tomorrow an "Admin Day" and am staying home to reorganize my computer.  David's taking the day off tomorrow, so I'm not sure how much work I'll get done.  Having him home sort of goobers up my plans to drink coffee and work diligently in my robe until noon.

It's been a great few days of rescue.  As I was leaving the shelter this morning lugging heavy cat carriers, I heard a voice come from one of the offices,  "Hey Beth!  Did you sing your rescue song today??"   I had forgotten.  "One should NEVER been too busy to sing the rescue song!"

5 comments:

Jans Funny Farm said...

Aw, what cuties. But whey did they kill Gretel if she came in with Hansel?

Sorry about your hard drive. That happened to me and it was a nightmare. My brother surprised me by getting a program and diligently retrieving my photos and info, bless his heart. I was ecstatic when he returned the computer with my stuff back. It would have been way too expensive to pay someone for.

Caroline said...

Shamus is so cute and definitely found his foster Mama! Keep up the good work Beth! Any more info about this animal control opening to the public??

House of the Discarded said...

Jan: I don't think the staff who was selecting the euthanasias knew they were together. I guess if they knew that, they BOTH might have died.

Caroline: THings are looking better all the time over there. It's just going to take more time.

Rhonda said...

Bummer re the hard drive, but maybe the fellow who did your website could give you some tips on getting an external hard drive and how to back up your system on it, just in case it ever happens again. It's such a heartstopping feeling to realize everything is GONE!!!! I'm so paranoid that I back things up on 2 external drives!

Kristen said...

I can't get over what a tank that orange guy is. Wow!! Look out Rottweilers of the neighbourhood!! Hehehe.

Amazing rescuers, and amazing things happening. You sound like you have a wonderful following of amazing people who are there to help you succeed in giving life to.....life. I've been loving these happy milestones you've been posting!!