Monday, January 03, 2011

The Launch

I'm pleased to (formally) announce the grand opening of Forever Home Cat Rescue! 

Can you hear me taking a deep breath?  I didn't think this day would actually come, but it's here and I'm so excited! 

To date, we have 19 foster homes and 18 cats in our care.  I'm going to the shelter for another rescue tomorrow, so the numbers always change.  I never dreamed I'd be launching a rescue with NINETEEN foster homes!  I figured I'd be fortunate to have 5 foster homes to start. 

It's my pleasure to launch our new website: Forever Home Cat Rescue .  I cannot take credit for this beautiful website.  Brandon Pal, from Palco Ltd donated his time and expertise to design this website for us.  He's a true cat lover  and has two of the most spoiled little rescued cats you'll ever want to see!  Many hugs and thank you's to Brandon for putting together his valuable time, his knowledge and his love for cats to create this site. 

Please bookmark the site:  http://www.foreverhomecatrescue.com/ and tell me what you think!

(As usual, Petfinder is not up to date, so I'm trying to get them to update the cats and bio's on their site.  They've had some major changes to their system, so I'm trying to be patient.  Typically, "patience" is not a personal strength of mine.  :) Regardless, you'll get the idea.)

Sooooo....it's January 3, 2011 and I'm up and running.  (Literally...running)  I'm excited, grateful, humbled, and scared to death. 

"Until every cat is Forever Home...."

16 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

KhonKhats as we would paw!

Here's to being out of business soon ;-)

Unknown said...

Beth the Website looks WONDERFUL! And portrays Forever Home as a reputable charity!!

You should be so proud!!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Congratulations. We know it will be a good rescue.

HomeToMany said...

The site looks amazing, Brandon did a wonderful job. I can't believe that you already have so many dedicated foster homes and volunteers, what a wonderful thing. Please let me know what I can do to help. I can't foster or deal with morons (my tonge is too sharp) but I would be more than willing to do mailings or computer work etc.. admin stuff. Woohoo, wonderful job getting everything set up, I am so happy for the cats and proud of you.
Sarah

Unknown said...

Hurrya we will be sending our donation along shortly!

Kea said...

Congratulations, Beth, it looks fabulous. Good work, Brandon!

A couple of things, IMO only: A link to your blog in the main menu would be helpful or somewhere else more prominent. I saw it under the News section and at the bottom of the Donate section.

Under the Available Cats: The Petfinder green kitty "interferes" with the drop down boxes...It's not that you can't see the boxes, just that because they overlay the green kitty, I think someone with vision problems might have difficulty making it out clearly. I had to look twice...but I do need glasses. LOL. Is there a way to change the alignment so that the logo is to the left of the drop down boxes? Just a small point.

Didn't see anything else, I think it looks terrific! Well done, break out the champagne to celebrate!

Rad Winters, Alanologist said...

The "contact" tab is hard to see as it's not in line with the rest of the top menu bar. Otherwise looking great!

Sparkle said...

Yay! I posted the link to your rescue on my Facebook page!

Debbie said...

The website is beautiful!!!
Brandon is a great job.
I like how it is layed out
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh boy, yoor official now! We're going to put it on our blog, Facebook and we'll tweet it. We think this calls for a celebration...stinky goodness sounds good.

Yidchick said...

I love your new site!! Good luck! I am sure you will make many families happy :) You have great intuition with matching up the kitties with the right families :) As we say in Hebrew Hatzlacha! :)

Anonymous said...

hey Beth the site looks great. I couldn't help noticing the absence of a brown tabby on the homepage, shocking!

Devon said...

The website looks great! Congrats on finally being open! I will be sending along my foster parent application as soon as I have a permanent place! (Another month or so)

Pip said...

Congratulashuns! And Bless you for the good works that you do!

Amy said...

The new site looks great! I'm interested in helping out with fundraising. I like to sew (fun baby stuff and pillows) and some of my friends are pretty crafty - maybe we could start stockpiling for a craft sale/bake sale fundraiser? We'd have to get some more people on board to get enough stuff so that it's a worthwhile sale. I have a new baby, so I don't have a whole lot of time to make much, but I'd be happy to do some organizing, Beth, if you like the idea.

House of the Discarded said...

Amy: Are you kidding? I'd be so happy if you could do that!