Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Newton's Day!

In conjunction with my latest "miracles DO come true", I'm thrilled to pieces to announce that a wonderful foster home stepped forward and offered to take our buddy "Newton":



Some days I walk into the shelter and I feel like such a loser, "I'm only taking one....what about the rest?"  Today wasn't one of those days.  Today, I felt like a hero when I walked in.  Three staff members at different times approached me and asked, "Are you taking the grey and white guy?"  "You know he's been very sad and having a difficult time in the cage..."  "YAY!  You're taking the grey and white guy!" 

Funny.  Some days I leave with 5+ cats and nobody says a word.  But today it was all about Newton!  Thank you Stacey for coming forward and giving this guy a home.

Recently, I've had several people ask me if I make a living doing a cat rescue.  Imagine!!  When I told them that I volunteer...oy...the LOOKS. 

I called the Charities Directorate today.  They must know me by a first name basis now.  No, I don't have my charitable number, HOWEVER....since I'll be receiving my charity number in 2011, I can accept donations NOW  in 2011 and give tax receipts once my number comes in.  This was GREAT news for me and I was wondering why nobody mentioned that little tidbit during the millionth whiny call that I made to them. 

Despite the ice on the roads, it was a banner rescue day for Newton.  It's not that Newton is "that important", he's just one little guy that had been there since mid-October. 

Heck....they're all "that important".

14 comments:

Lisa said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was already trying to think of how I could create a laundry room spot to buy time for another week or so for this guy.
He's just the type I love to help but I could forsee the cat fights with my dominant feral female and my 22 lb male. I'm so thankful to whoever stepped forward!

Deb said...

"Yah! Neut"

Devon said...

Hurray for Newton! Happy to hear he's out of that cage. And that's excellent to hear about the tax receipts for donations, all more reason to get rolling with those books, I'm hoping donations start flooding in!

Unknown said...

Congrats!

Robin said...

What fantastic fantastic news about Newton. He was another cat I met at the shelter, really liked him, so much personality. I'm glad he's safe. Beth, you truly are a miracle worker.

Sparkle said...

Paws up for Newton!!!!

Unknown said...

Hurray, I'm so glad that someone will foster him. He is such a pretty cat.

Ecochica said...

Yay for Newton! Who else did you get out??

Brandon said...

YAYAYAYAAY

I'm SO SO SO SO SO SO HAPPPYYYY he got out.

He really was such a sweet heart.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yay for Newton, and yes he is dat importint...dey all is. Mom actually laffed in da face of a man on who's property da group was trapping ferals on. He stood around wif his hands in his pockets and eventually asked mom how much and how dey gots paid. He wanted to know if dey gots paid by da cat or just fur da whole job! He looked like he was scared after mom told him dey don't get paid and dat da only reason dey was der was fur da cats and dat he was a big jacka$$ for letting da kitties starve and haf litter after litter. And because he was ignorant and useless da county had called dem fur help wif his stinking property because da naybors was tired of his BS and dat dey was helping why din't he.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yay for Newton, and yes he is dat importint...dey all is. Mom actually laffed in da face of a man on who's property da group was trapping ferals on. He stood around wif his hands in his pockets and eventually asked mom how much and how dey gots paid. He wanted to know if dey gots paid by da cat or just fur da whole job! He looked like he was scared after mom told him dey don't get paid and dat da only reason dey was der was fur da cats and dat he was a big jacka$$ for letting da kitties starve and haf litter after litter. And because he was ignorant and useless da county had called dem fur help wif his stinking property because da naybors was tired of his BS and dat dey was helping why din't he.

Kristen said...

Congrats and bless all making this possible!

Anonymous said...

He's just so sleek, and his colouring is just so gorgeous. I'm happy he made it out. :)

Caroline said...

Any chance you can make a plea for the girl next door to Newton? The chatty tortie? Sounds like she wants to go for a ride in the Forever Home rescue mobile too!