Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Taking Care of Business (Still)

Maybe it's just the dark gloomy day today, but I'm finding myself completely exhausted and it's only 3 pm!  I've been doing a lot of driving lately and that can certainly add to the tired-factor.  I was back to the shelter, back to the vets, to a foster home, at the grocery store - all this by noon.  I was grateful that the timing worked out so that I didn't have to be at the vets twice today! (Which I had planned to do)

Funny, how I do a good job with reaching out and asking for help for the cats, but when I ask for help for myself, I always feel a good dose of guilt.  Maybe it's just part of my "mother training."

I went back to the shelter today with the task of rescuing an already neutered male ORANGE cat that gets along with other cats.  (Emphasis on "Orange".)  I tested out two different cute orange guys, but sadly they were pretty upset when given a chance to meet another cat.  I hate it when they sabatoge their own rescue.  Maybe I didn't give them enough time, but I didn't have a Plan B in the event they didn't work out in their foster home.  So I rescued "Gwen":

I immediately renamed her "Buttercup".  Buttercup is a petite angel that had already been spayed and microchipped.  She had been at the shelter since November 15th, so I was really happy to have rescued her.  She's not exactly "orange", but there's no shortage of cuteness!  She's upstairs in my washroom until I can move her to her foster home tonight. 

I don't want to jinx it, but I've had an inquiry on Newton! Is it possible he'll get out of the shelter? I'm going to talk with her tonight and am very excited about the possibilities.  Stay tuned...

Last night, David jokingly announced that if I don't do a load of laundry tonight he'll be forced to wear MY underwear.  (I'd like to see him try.)  It's only Tuesday...how could I really be THAT busy?  I went to the hamper today and counted and realized that I hadn't washed David's stuff in TWO weeks?  Poor guy.  He never complains. 

I wonder what else I've been neglecting?  (Note to self:  Turn off computer at 8 pm tonight) 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds very busy at your house. I'm not a fan of doing laundry so I always make sure that I buy lots of underwear and socks just in case. Maybe it is an investment that you can put under the rescue account?haha

Glad to hear that so many kitties are being rescued.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Sure hope the home for Newton works out. I really do love those big lugs...cats, I mean. My hubby has enough underwear and sox for three weeks, but I still do a load every two LOL.

Sparkle said...

Paws and fingers crossed at this house that things work out for Newton!

Caroline said...

Laundry is the only domestic chore that I do well, ironing not included!