Friday, January 14, 2011

Updates and an URGENT Plea!

I've surprised myself that I'm not as stressed as I thought I'd be since I launched the rescue on the 3rd.  Maybe I've become more relaxed in my old age and confident in my decision making.  I've made some very difficult situations this week that a few years ago would've put me into a tail spin.  I'm not saying that they didn't hurt - but I felt at peace.

Adoptions are moving along beautifully, and I'm receiving a surprising number of phone calls from the recent ad I placed in the newspaper.  It occurred to me this morning that the majority of the people that have called me (as a result of the ad) didn't have a computer or email.  They read the newspaper, saw the ad and called to say, "What kind of cats do you have?"  Loved it!  Several were seniors who didn't get a hoot about technology.  Two of them, I'm sending directly to the shelter to adopt.  They weren't candidates for the cats currently in my care, so am hoping they'll still make a little donation for my effort.

AN URGENT PLEA!!

I received a call from a staff member at Guelph Humane.   Two senior cats were abandoned there when their caregiver could no longer care for them.  According to the staff, they are 16 year old sisters, spayed and declawed:


They're VERY VERY sweet and are in great shape as you can tell by the pictures.  Originally, they were going to be euthanized today at 5 pm, but everybody is in love with the girls and the deadline has been moved THIS Monday.  The staff said they're "chillin'" and not a bit phased by the other cats.

These kind of situations really tear up my heart.  Can anybody give these sweet little girls a retirement home?  I can't imagine what it would be like to be homeless at 80-something years old, and that's exactly what's happened to these sweet sisters.  At least they still have each other. 

If you can help, please contact me directly - don't delay - they don't have much time left.  (TRANSPORTATION PROVIDED!)



9 comments:

Kea said...

Oh, fingers and paws crossed for these two sweethearts, Beth!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Shared on FB and Twitter...sure hope someone can help them.

catlady said...

Hi Beth! Thanks for posting these ladies. I'm from GHS and really appreciate your help. We have never been so full in January as we are now...and these sweet girls are breaking my heart! I may have a short term foster willing to take them next week, it is just always such a challenge to find permanent homes for seniors, fingers crossed someone out there will see how special they are....

House of the Discarded said...

Catlady: My pleasure! Fingers crossed for these little old ladies. Let's hope somebody comes forward to give them a FOREVER home.

Anonymous said...

Do you know if reg adoption fees would apply? Hopefully not. Too bad the owner couldn't find them a home..

House of the Discarded said...

Anonymous: No adoption fees to take these little girls home.

selkiem said...

Beth, any news about those little girls? Keeping fingers crossed.

jmuhj said...

Shared to fb and twitter, where we have a LOT of cat-loving friends and know a lot of ppl in rescue. ;) <3<3 sending love to these sweet girls and praying for their safe, loving, FOREVER home to find them right away.

Windelynn said...

The girls have been adopted!!

Taken from a post from pets.ca from new mom!!

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=980419&posted=1#post980419