Friday, August 06, 2010

A Friday Rescue, A Moment of Insanity and a Tan Dog

I went to the shelter today with the intent of taking pictures for the Petfinder site. It's pretty sad over there and even sadder now that Kim has taken a leave of absence. Fortunately, I was able to combine meeting a foster Mom who was looking for an adult female to foster. LOVE those kind of requests!

After walking the cages, Laurie chose a very sweet little girl named "Patches":


Patches had been at the shelter since June, and originally abandoned in an apartment. I can't imagine moving away and leaving my cat behind in an empty apartment. I just can't imagine it.

I had a very nice sounding adopter coming this afternoon to meet my Clementine or Doodle, so as I walked the cages this morning I had (another) moment of insanity and brought home this little guy:

Since my life hasn't been playing out very smoothly lately, it shouldn't have surprised me when the adopter spent 2 hours at my house and didn't adopt a cat! So I'm back to having 4 foster tabbies. Surely, I've lost my mind. It's a "Tabby Infestation" at my house! Even *I* am having trouble figuring out who is whom.

I'm grateful for a cool Friday evening and a romantic Jazz Festival in town tonight. First, my little Maggie needs a walk. I took the following video of her last week to send to my parents. Thought you might enjoy it too. The older she gets (she's 13 years old), the more I treasure the ground this little tan dog walks on:

(Yes, I know about the wound on her neck..it's healing, don't worry!)

Happy Friday!!!!

5 comments:

selkiem said...

your puppy's grin at the beginning of the video is UNBELIEVABLY adorable!! You DO love your tabbys! How can one regret saving another life? You rock Beth.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

You don't have to tell me about insanity, I had two litters (with moms) here to foster. I'm only set up with two foster rooms and little families need space. Then the call "emergency, mom was killed by a dog and left four 2 week old kittens behind, can you take them, Pleeeeeeeeeeeease". I already had the two mom's kittens almost weaned so I thought "maybe they would accept these kittens". Ha! They both looked at me like I was insane, got up and walked away. So, we have a box of kittens in our bedroom that need to be fed every two hours...hubby wouldn't let me take them back in the hopes that someone else would take them. He's such a mush.~Donna

House of the Discarded said...

Donna: I knew I'd be in good company! By the way, I used to live in Brookfield, Wi :)

Caroline said...

I love the dog video Beth! He/she looks like such a sweetheart. I think older dogs have so much love to give.

Wanted to know if the cats give David a Father's Day card?

House of the Discarded said...

Caroline: The cats do NOT give David a Father's Day card, but they probably should! :)

-B