Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Day Off - (Kinda)


I had a day off from rescue today thanks to two lovely sisters who offered to provide Baxter and Fiona transport to their new foster homes in the city. I still answered phone calls and emails from concerned foster parents, but I didn't have to load up cat crates today. What a treat to go to the grocery store and do some laundry. David will be pleasantly surprised to come home from work tonight to clean underwear! (Although I did find that a cat had pee'd in the empty laundry basket!)

Thought you might enjoy some Before and After pictures of my recent rescues:

Emily Grace - Before....

Emily Grace - After!
Emily Grace getting lots of love!!

Two scared tabby sisters...before....

These little girls are in a forever home together! They have French names that I cannot spell or pronounce. (Another reason to take French lessons!)

Remember Mittens and Misty in the dog run at the shelter?

Could Misty look any happier?

Mittens still looks a little worried in this picture - but she's safe and loved, thanks to a foster home that came forward to save her life!

I was feeling a bit down yesterday as you could probably tell from my previous post. But there's nothing like going through some before and after pictures to raise my spirits. Thank you to everyone that made it possible for these beautiful cats to - once again - be loved forever...

and ever...and ever...

5 comments:

Dori said...

Oh I love the pics of Emily Grace. I'm so glad she found someone to love her!!

CatCarrier said...

Kudos to such wonderful rescuers and to your Beth! There really is a Kitty Santa after all! This posting made my week! It makes me proud to be a foster parent.

Caroline said...

Who would have thought my Dad would be a poster boy on a cat rescue site! lol
Good thing the laundry basket was empty!

Everycat said...

Emily Grace looks like she's settling down and taking charge there. It's great she has a home. Wonderful work rescuing all those sisters too - before and after = total transformation!

Lisa said...

I could cry...those pics of Emily Grace are wonderful. Ah....to see her so happy snuggling away there. *sniff*
Gone to my happy cat place!