Friday, February 27, 2009

This and That

I can't believe it's been 3 days since I last posted. David's daughter and her two little boys have been here all week visiting from Portland. The boys are little hellions as 8 and 5 year old little boys can be. They make me tired, and I'm grateful to be a pseudo-grandma and not a parent of little guys. One of them pee'd in my front yard. Seriously.

I've managed to do quite a few rescues this week despite the onslaught of out of town guests. Some have gone to permanent homes right away. What an awesome feeling to play "Stork" and deliver someone their new cat. I'm always in awe of the people that put their trust in me to pick out a cat for them that they've never seen before. In turn, I've met some pretty awesome people.

My own cat "Bob" is pretty sick and had to be hospitalized today. He's my old guy with kidney failure. The bill starts at $1300.00. I sheepishly told David about the cost and he said, "But it's for Bob!!!"

I love that man!!

Here are some of the latest before and after pictures of our recent rescues. No matter how badly I feel - all I have to do is look at these pictures to know that we DO make a difference.
This is Noah. He was separted from his brother Nelson at the shelter. (Pictures to follow these) When they were reunited, they immediately started grooming each other. It's like the fucking Holocaust for these cats. They lose everything in their lives - their home and their family.


This is Nelson. Thank you Tiffany who works at the shelter for bringing these boys around to be loving cats. They were so frightened, and Tiffany sat with them and reassured them. You should be very proud to see these pictures, Tiff :)


Don't worry Nelson and Noah - you'll never be apart again. Thank you to Cindy who came forward and saved these two sweet brothers.
So that's it for now. We have some wonderful rescues coming up in the next day or two and I'm very excited to get these cats out. One little guy has a particularly sad story to tell.
He's going to have a happy ending....despite it all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little boys pee everywhere. Be thankful it was outside.

House of the Discarded said...

Steve: That's true - they do. I feel really old.

Anonymous said...

Aww im so happy that they are doing so well. All they wanted was to be together. These pics bring a tear to my eye. They have come out of there shells. Always nice to hear and see what happens to them! Thanks so much beth :)
Tiffany

RHz said...

The before and after pics here really show a BIG difference this time. Thank you for saving these boys. They are beautiful.

whitesocks said...

Yep. One of my facebook friend's status updates today is about how her little daughter pooped on the carpet, peed in the closet, ate soap and then bit her. All in a few hours :).

As for those photos. My heart is melting at the story and pics of N and N...all you volunteers are so amazing, and yay to you for acknowledging all these wonderful folks in your blog :)...