Sunday, February 01, 2009

Just Another Sunday


"Ike" is officially out and about with the rest of the Turner crew. He was supposed to come out of quarantine a few days ago, but he was sneezing snot all over the place. (Sorry for the graphic description) Ike is still sneezing a little bit, but he's was DYING to be out with the family.

Ike and Truman (hahahha...I love saying those names together) were buddies immediately. They played and played like a couple of 5 year olds on the playground. Seriously, it was like they knew each other already.

Oddly enough, none of the other cats hissed at Ike! Usually, somebody gets their nose out of joint when there's a new foster cat. But Ike was an immediate success in the house.

Much to my surprise, Ike climbed up into David's lap this morning and helped him with the Sunday Crossword puzzle. My two handsome geeks with their crossword! I can feel my heart going pitter-pat already!

Little Truman has figured out how to get on the kitchen counter today too. I never know what to do in these circumstances....I mean, I'm supposed to be making Truman a wonderful cat for somebody else, and many people don't like their cats on the counter. But instead, I find myself making kissy noises and saying, "What a big boy, Truman!!" *sigh* I'm hopeless.


Tomorrow is a rescue day. I'm grateful to be meeting a very nice sounding man who is interested in adopting Nyles. He said there was "something about Nyles' picture". He's not the first person to fall in love with a cat via a picture.

It happens to me every day.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll lay 20-1 odds that Ike ends up a keeper. And as far as kitchen counters are concerned, my cats have adopted the philosophy that it's ok for me to yell at them and it's ok for them to ignore me.

House of the Discarded said...

Hahhaha! You know how much I love those tabby guys, eh? :)

Anonymous said...

Truman still looks like he's been smoking the funny stuff - I love it!!

jen

whitesocks said...

Love the comment on Truman and the funny stuff -- its true. HE's adorable, as is that alert-for-mischief JFK. Love that your husband could'nt tell :).