Sunday, February 15, 2009

Beth's House: Minus 2

It's really an awesome thing when a bad story turns into something wonderful. If you read my blog regularly, you might remember my BAD BOY TRUMAN post where a really wonderful couple came to meet my foster cat "Truman" and he behaved like a wild boy. While Truman was quickly ruining any possibility for adoption, the couple was falling in love with "Ike". Ike did everything he could to insure that they would adopt him. But the couple wanted to think about it and left without a cat.

Last week they called me and said that they were definitely going to adopt Ike! Hurray! What I didn't expect is that when they came to pick up Ike, they would fall in love with JFK too! JFK climbed into their laps and really put on quite a show. Seriously...I couldn't have planned it better if I had tried. JFK looked up at them adoringly. He was ready to go to his new home and would not be left behind.

My heart is hurting a little bit tonight. It's hard to say goodbye to two of my foster cats. Oddly enough a friend of mine in rescue told me her two foster kittens were adopted tonight too.
She's in good company with feeling a little lost :)
Of course, I've picked up the phone several times since they left. I wanted to call them and ask if the boys were OK.

This is the goodnews/bad news about rescue.
The good news: Two amazing kittens found ONE amazing home. This is what rescue is about! This is why I put my heart on the line.
The bad news: My heart hurts tonight and I miss my little guys

Tonight there are two less cats in my house and two more cats that have found a forever home.

I wouldn't change a thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Truman has found his too :)

House of the Discarded said...

Steve: Nooooooooo!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling there will be two more rescued in the near future!!!