Friday, December 04, 2009

A Friday Update

I had a setback yesterday with my back so decided to take care of myself and didn't post. (Imagine that!) :)

First, I have to update you on the adoption of my little Bucky (now known as "Pippin"):

An Email from Steve:

"Pippin had a great time at the pub last night – he thoroughly enjoyed himself and wasn’t the least bit nervous. There was one minor snag: the pub has a fireplace that hasn’t been used for ages. Pippin decided to climb up inside the chimney. When he got back down, he was totally covered in soot. I had to take him into the bathroom and give him a thorough bath, which he didn’t care for too much. Luckily I had two large bath towels in the carrier, so I was able to dry him down and keep him warm until it was time to go. We were there for about six hours, which was a lot longer than I’d originally expected – I only stayed that long because he was having such a good time."

I started to cringe about my little Buck-Buck at the Pub until I got the pictures:



As you can see, Pippin is terrified and cringing in fear. :)

They even forced him to tend bar! :) :)

I can see that my little Pippin is going to have a wonderful life and be an active part of Steve's life. What foster parent could ask for anything more?

Secondly, I wanted to update you on "Tinkerbelle" who is now known as Paisley. Originally, I was going to foster Paisley, but I decided that she might be a better fit in a different foster home. Although they had a rough first 2 hours with her rowdy behaviour, it looks like I made the right call. Paisley BEFORE.....

...and Paisley AFTER:

As you can see, Paisley is terrified of the family dog too. (Why am I so sarcastic today?)

Sooooooooo.....my new foster kitten is "Rowan" that I renamed "Travis". I'll have to get some pictures posted over the weekend. He's fitting in nicely and already out and about with my cats. He and Thomas Turner were having a ball running around this morning. I couldn't help but think that Travis would be dead if Steve hadn't adopted my foster kitten, "Bucky". Thanks to Steve adopting my kitten, I could rescue another....and so on...

"Beanie" is still at the shelter and I don't think he can be there much longer. He really needs help and I'm going to work hard this weekend to get him out. If anybody can help him, you know where to reach me....

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Wow I didn't know you could take your pets to the pub! Seems like Bucky is just one of the guys.

Laura HP said...

Aww Pippin at the pub is one of the cutest things I've seen =) Yay for Steve!

I hope Beanie finds someone!