Friday, May 01, 2009

The Nameless Guy


Well, I thought I was going to foster this adorable little guy. We just rescued him yesterday, but a wonderful family has come forward and wants to adopt him right away.

Holy Moly...it's going to be hard to let him go. He's the sweetest little booger. This morning, I went into my son's room to find him asleep curled up around my son's neck. Will told me that he had nursed on his earlobe. ***Awwwwwwwwwwww*!!!!

He looks like he's having such a great time with everyone. *sigh* It's a good thing he's leaving. We're all already in love with him. It's a better thing that we haven't named him. Once they have a name, I bond with them that much more.

So David and I are driving into the city to take him to his new family. They sound VERY nice and have 3 cats of their own for him to play with. One of their cats is a rowdy kitten, so I think our little guy will have a ball. I have a vet reference from the family and know he'll be neutered and vaccinated shortly after he arrives.

One of the things that preys on my mind about doing a delivery is the question, "What if I found out these people aren't good enough?" Never fear! I always have a way out if that happens. I spent a long time on the phone with these folks - twice. I'm sure it will be fine.

But I still worry.

(I want to name him "Huckleberry")

No comments: