Sunday, April 26, 2009

Not a Rescue Post...(Sorta)

This post really has nothing to do with rescue. Last night we're all in the basement when we hear a HUGE ***BOOOOM*** coming from upstairs. Poor Maggie (our senior dog)... she came flying downstairs and hid under my desk.

I had assumed it was thunder. I was close...Lightning had struck one of my favourite old trees in the front yard. Nobody was hurt and the tree fell away from the house. Amazing that the "For Sale" sign remained intact! The tree trunk was fried, and live electrical wires were buzzing around the street.

We didn't have power for about 6 hours. David tried to give our oldest son $20.00 to "get lost". (hahhaha...he might be old...but he's still a romantic)

Last year, there was a whole family of raccoons up in that tree. I sat and watched them for such a long time. I was in awe of the Mama Raccoon's scolding of the young ones. I was comforted that Mother Raccoons get pissed off at their kids too.

Oh well. Life goes on. I'm going to the shelter to do a rescue tomorrow. I've been trying all afternoon to reach people to confirm, but it's been slow. I suppose everybody is out and about after being stuck inside with the storm. Tomorrow, I'm rescuing PennySue:

She's been at the shelter far too long. PennySue is the tiniest little girl - probably weighs about 5 lbs soaking wet. She's such a little lady.

I'm comforted in knowing that tonight is her last night in that cage. Tomorrow, she's going to "Kate's house" and will be loved and kissed....in a home. :)

No comments: