Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The Cat Lady - In Motion

Because I didn't rescue yesterday, I made up for lost time today. I was able to rescue 10 little souls today. Two of them were going to forever homes right away! Of course, the highlight of the day was the meet up with a new foster Mom, her husband and 3 sons at the shelter. Although it was overwhelming for them, they managed to save two lives:
Yes, it was a good rescue day today. Here's some more pictures of some sweeties whose lives were saved because unselfish people opened their homes and their hearts to save them today:



Who couldn't love a face like Bosco's? (Above) Holy Moly - isn't he cute?

Just like people, all cats differ on how they handle the shelter experience. Mildred, (pictured above) was dumped at the shelter by her family. The reason? "We don't want". That's all they said. There are still two others at the shelter from that family - I'm going to work hard to get all three out. Right now - it's just Mildred. Bless her heart.

You might wonder why I didn't foster little Pounce (above) myself. He looks like my kinda guy. Fortunately for Pounce - he has a forever home and doesn't even have to go to a foster home!




Poor William (above) His shelter experience must've really sucked. I took him to his new home today and he slithered under the computer desk. He'll be OK. I'm just grateful he'll get a chance to be loved one more time.

I was cruising down the highway with 10 cat crates in my sports car. I must look like a total freak. I'm driving along, eating my hummus and crackers, playing some old Led Zeppelin, when this young guy drives along beside me in his car. I'm trying to look cool - a little flirty, but not too flirty. My head bobs in rhythm to the music, "Yeah....I'm happenin"...Then I realize - he's looking at all the cat crates in my car!! I felt like I had hummus in my teeth and sped up to avoid his incredulous look.

My life in a nutshell, I guess. I was never that cool - what made me think I could be cool with 10 cats in the car and Hummus in my teeth?

I should've asked him if he wanted to foster a cat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know for a fact that you were the coolest cat lady, in a hot sports car, on that highway today.

Hooray! 10 more out alive, and another foster parent. What a great day indeed, wish I were there.

I hope little Emmy was one of them.

D.

ctinz said...

Oh wow, ten cats in one day? That's awesome Beth! And I am very excited to see Tye and Pounce on there. Cuuuuute.

100% agree with the above post; seriously hoping that Emmy has found a home (temporary or permanent). With her pitiful little meow that haunts my dreams. =(

RHz said...

10 cats all in one day? That WAS a good rescue day. That's great!

And, if it makes you feel any better, I use to cringe when someone would tell me I was becoming the crazy cat lady because of all the stereotypical ideas around it. Now that I realize what the crazy "cat lady" does, I'm more than proud to be one!!!

WikEd said...

LOL I think this is one of my favorite posts. What adorable little cats they all are!!