Thursday, February 09, 2012

Tired...Tired

As usual, "What goes up...must come down".  It's been a rough few days.  It's not that adoptions have been bad, or we've had problems with foster parents or cats.  In fact, adoptions have been great and as usual, our volunteers are awesome!

I think these big adoption events make me really rattled.  There's always huge expectations and and I'm spread too thin.  I have problems saying 'no' to the Petsmart stores so now I'm supposed to be in two places at once.  When will I learn that I can't make everybody happy? :)

We have a couple of really cute kittens on our site right now and it's like a feeding frenzy at Sea World.  I've had more than 20 phone calls on them today.  People are getting pissed and I'm tired of answering the phones.  The sad part?  In a few short months there will be more than enough kittens and many will die in the shelters. 

I'm keeping this blog post short tonight.  I'm tired....pizza is coming and I had pizza last night.  I wonder if they'll kick me out of Weight Watchers? :)

"Cow" is our latest rescue.  Does anybody else think he's homely?  He's the world's sweetest little boy, but just a tiny bit "ooogly".  :)

15 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Does pizza count (points) if you don't eat the crust? :-)

"Cow?" Poor boy, needs a better name. LOL. I think he's a cutie, Beth. He'll grow into his ears in time, and fill out and be ever so handsome. And if not, he's still a cutie pie!

Anonymous said...

See, we tried giving him a better name (I suggested he looked like an Eric - which really is probably not that much better!) but his name really suits him when you meet him :-) He is absolutely adorable and *so* friendly! Then again, I am biased (*love* B&W guys!). "Ooogly"??? Noooooo! Handsome and leggy :-) He's the Kate Moss of the cat world!

Good luck with the adoption event this weekend! Cow will be snapped up in no time, I'm sure!

Cindy, Bertie, Sammy, Malley, Batman and Garth.

TheWilsonZoo said...

Cow isn't ugly, he just hasn't grown into his face and body yet.

With that face, ears, and body, I think I see a bit of oriental in there! What's his voice sound like?

He's going to be a handsome mancat someday!

Sparkle said...

Often scrawny tweens like Cow grow up into really stunning cats. And it sounds like he's already got a great personality... so does it really matter how he looks, as long as he's healthy and his fur is groomed?

P.S. My human just ate a Lean Cuisine pizza!

Daisy said...

He reminds me of a baby Harley!

Renee said...

He's not ooogly! He's adorable! And yes, I see a little Oriental in there, too. He *does* have that interesting voice when he chooses to use it. He's a hilarious little lovebug, and even if he was homely (and he's not!), he more than makes up for it. He's an awesome little Cow Boy.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Beth it sounds like you have reached a bottleneck. Only so many hours in a day so you need to clone yourself or start creating one page check lists so you can train and delegate. This is the hardest part of success - delegating. Personalty I would hand off the things you like least to do :-) Nifty book called E-myth teaches how work on your business instead of in it.

Harpurrs Mom

The Island Cats said...

Oh we think Cow (he needs a better name!) is adorable!! Kinda gangly...but so cute!! Ernie was like this when our mom adopted him!!

We hope you get some much needed rest.

Unknown said...

We think he's a very handsome little man. And "Handsome" would be a good name for him!
MamaCat & the FurryPurries
Ozzy, Alice, Freckles, Lola, Dandelo, Honey, Pinkie, Mr Socks & Lady Callie

Rhonda said...

Gotta agree with the folks who said Cow will likely grow up to be a good-looking cat! My male cat was a gawky skinny long-legged 8 weeks old kitten with big ears and a thin pointy face when I adopted him. So pointy, in fact, that my husband named him Ratface. Well, Ratface grew up and filled out his frame and became a fine-looking 20 pound specimen of macho male catness (although with a tendency to porkiness now that he's 12 years old and kinda lazy). We call him Rat now, but he doesn't seem to mind. In fact, his vocalizations sound like he's saying his own name most of the time!

Random Felines said...

Mom says Cow just looks like he is going through that ackward teenager stage....all big ears and long legs - we bet he grows into a very handsome mancat.

We agree - why does EVERYONE want the little ones?? We live with some and they aren't all that....

Laurie said...

I love Cow! I love the homely ones... and silly names!

Laurie said...

I love Cow! I love the homely ones... and silly names!

Caroline said...

How about calling Cow, Oreo

House of Mystery said...

How about Bo?