Friday, February 17, 2012

"Lucas"

After much deliberation, we decided to rename my recent foster to "Lucas".  Honestly, I'm not sure what fits this guy, but I don't think "Sherman Part 2" would get him adopted any faster.

Lucas has certainly made himself at home.  He has a new BFF in "Sherman":

It's almost like Lucas walked into our home and Sherman was waiting to say, "Hey new guy!  Let me show you all the sh*t they let you do and nobody yells at you!"  *sigh*  Lucas definitely has Sherman-like terrorist qualities.

Lucas was a great help to me today while I did the rescue's bookkeeping:

  While I was eating my lunch at my desk today, I took a phone call and turned my back to my desk to get something out of the filing cabinet....

Obviously, Lucas was trying to help me with my lunch portion size:

I don't think this guy has slept.  Every time I look at him, he's playing, galloping, leaping, prancing, swatting, or jumping.  He's pulled the tablecloth down off my dining room table, and has eaten the dog food.   There's a "Busy Ball" in the house that I swear is constantly in motion:  "Gallop...gallop...gallop...riiiiing....riiiiing.....gallop...gallop...riiing...riiiiing..."  This guy is *EVERYWHERE*.  

He also licks my ear and purrs the moment I pick him up.  His front paws "knead" with joy that he's being touched and loved. He has the biggest feet I've ever seen, which makes him extra clumsy and endearing.

Can you tell I'm really loving this one already? I wonder if David has figured out there's a new tabby in the house?

8 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Uh, is Lucas really in his forever home now? And you just don't want to admit it? :-)

He's certainly a very handsome tabby boy!

House of the Discarded said...

Fuzzy Tales: NOooooooo!!!

Ecochica said...

Awww poor david!! hahaha Lucas has a stunning coat! I don't think he will last long at all! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Lucas is one handsome (if not, slightly naughty) boy! Sherman looks inordinately pleased... no doubt even *he* is impressed with young Luke's ability for partying!

You do know how to pick 'm... :-)

And I saw that you were denying it but...go on, have another tabby..."he's only wafer-thin" (You'll have to imagine the French accent and Monty Pyhton yourself...)

Cindy, Bertie, Sammy, Malley, Batman and Garth.

Tina said...

I completely understand your love of tabbies Beth! My love affair began last year when I fostered tabby sisters. They look almost identical. Lily & Shelby are now part of the family and we love them to pieces. Have fun with Lucas!

Beth said...

Imagine if I brought Tye over for a playdate? Your house would be destroyed!

Rhonda said...

Wow, what a handsome fellow! I'd keep him if I were you!

Anonymous said...

Can't help but think of Cool Hand Luke :)
"That's right. You know, that, that Luke smile of his. He had it on his face right to the very end. Hell, if they didn't know it 'fore, they could tell right then that they weren't a-gonna beat him. That old Luke smile. Oh, Luke. He was some boy. Cool Hand Luke. Hell, he's a natural-born world-shaker."

Harpurr's Mom