Thursday, February 02, 2012

Peace

I was back at the new shelter today with 2 excited foster parents.  Between us, we rescued seven more cats - for a total of 14 cats over the past 24 hours.  The shelter staff were so excited and it was wonderful to be treated like *a somebody*.  I managed to grab a couple of pictures of the new rescues:


I left one cat at the shelter as the city offered to spay her for me.  (Yes, you read that correctly)  I'll pick her up on Monday. 

So I'm sitting here listening to a little bit of old Burt Bacharach with a fresh haircut and feeling a nice sense of peace for a change.  I know that this kind of peace is short-lived, but I'm going to savour every moment of it.   

7 comments:

Deb said...

You do that. You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Looking forward to seeing them on your available list!

Found an amazing blog last week. It is an award winning dog rescue site. They have developed a product line that funds their rescue and building program. My favourite item is a logo that says "Don't litter - spay and neuter"

Harpurr's Mom

Chrissykat said...

Ditto the above...well deserved. Enjoy every second. Bet those 14 rescues are feeling pretty peaceful now that they are out of cages & in foster homes. Peace is good.

Debbie said...

Can't wait till I am back from holidays to get another foster.
Do they have a website?
Rescueing is rescueing , as long as you keep doing it, it doesn't matter where you rescue from
Great job,,,,,as usual!!

Ecochica said...

Wow what a fantastic rescue for this time of year!! Did little Jonah get out as well??

Random Felines said...

Sounds like a great start to a good relationship (but more importantly, did you find the bathroom??? haha)

Caroline said...

Great new shelter, maybe you can alternate days, old shelter, new shelter sort of like having 2 part time jobs, less politics.