Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sweltering Rescue Day!

The day proved to be wonderful despite the horrific heat.  David took the day off today and we headed out to the shelter in the new wheels:

We met, fell in love with AND rescued "Edgar Longbottom":


Hugs and thank you's to Connie who (once again) couldn't resist the urgent plea of a wee one like this.

My voice was ridiculously annoying today, so it won't hurt my feelings should you decide to "mute" my rescue songs. LOL

Next, I'm THRILLED to have rescued my favourite boy "Ralphie":


Many thank you's to "Lory & Co" for coming forward for Ralphie. I think you're going to LOVE LOVE him!

The next video is a special request for help from Kim. This is "Ella" who has been at the shelter too long. She's becoming so stressed and so depressed that she sucks on the pad of her paw.

She broke my heart:


She was in the cage below "Ralphie". Honestly, I felt awful to leave a cat like her behind. She's a gorgeous calico - very sweet - already spayed.

Despite it all, my new wheels handled the trek to the shelter and is no longer a shelter virgin. 

There's already a little bit of cat hair in the back seat.

12 comments:

Random Felines said...

OMC - Edgar's head almost fits through the bars!! seriously cute... We are glad you got Ralphie and we hope someone steps up for Ella....

Good work breaking in the new SUV!!

Anonymous said...

Beth - Ella is breaking my heart. I can't take a cat right now, but I will donate $200 to Forever Home to help pay for her vet visit and whatever else is needed if you can find someone to take her. You have my word :-)...Shannon.

Devon said...

Zeus loves Edgar already! You should see him pawing at the crying kitty on the screen, too cute!

Daisy said...

The Rescue Day songs are my favorite part! I hope Ella will be rescued soon.

mawiesner said...

I can also donate money to help Ella. I can manage $50 at the moment. Perhaps more later if needed. Please help Ella.

Anonymous said...

Aw, that little angel in the cage next to Ralphie really wanted to come.

Lory and Co. said...

Awwe, now I feel bad for Ella. But I'm at my absolute maximum at the moment. :(

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh man, did the notes say she was not eating on the 13th? Poor baby, she's probably stressed to the max. If I weren't in the middle of a medical crisis right now I'd drive to Canada and take her home with me. Sure hope she gets her rescue song soon.

Anonymous said...

Beth who was the cat next to Ralphie? Was it Kyra the pregnant cat?

Caroline said...

Ella's a cutie and so is the cat beside Ralphie. I hope he/she gets out soon too. Kudos to David for going with you! He's the man!

House of the Discarded said...

Anonymous: Yes! That's Kyra!

Anonymous said...

:( I'm hoping and crossing everything possible for Ella *and* Kyra.