Friday, April 02, 2010

Good Friday

Regardless of your religious affiliations, it certainly was a GOOD Friday today. I went to the shelter today and rescued a very sweet little thing named "Meagan":

Isn't she a sweet little girl? She's only about 5 months old and an angel :)

I woke up this morning to an update and picture from Moe's new family. Seriously, if you don't tear up when you see this picture, you have no soul. :)


1) Cost of long distance calls to adopters and foster parents for Moe $22.00

2) Beth's gasoline expense for the rescue $35.00

3) A Little boy that promises to love you forever and ever.....PRICELESS!

That picture was taken one hour after he arrived in his new home. I'm getting all choked up again! *gasp*

Finally an update on Marvin: Marvin has had his surgery, which ended up costing more than $1000.00. Many thanks to the folks that generously donated to Marvin's cause.

Of course, his foster family is in love with him. Even the veterinary staff adored this trooper. I'm so grateful that he's ok. There were a lot of people involved in helping him. I'm still surprised that his incision is so small! I would have thought that putting pins in a knee would require a massive incision.

I'm embarrassed to confess that I'm relieved to not be going to the shelter tomorrow. I want to enjoy my Saturday in this beautiful weather. It feels like there's so much to do. :) I feel like planting something! Silly moi :)

2 comments:

Deb said...

Such an uplifting post once again. I am so happy for little Moe. Are cats not the most amazing creatures. I really do wish this little guy well. I hope kitty heals well from surgery and is in loving hands now. Have a nice Easter and a well-deserved rest.
Deb

Anonymous said...

OMG cutest cats in this post EVER!