Saturday, February 27, 2010

In The Blink of an Eye


I picked up my little "Patty" from the vets this afternoon after a not-so-perfect romantic few days with David.

"Adorable" barely covers how CUTE she is. Nobody could ever mistake that feminine little face as a boy.

I don't know why I always expect so much when David and I go away for a few days. We no sooner arrived at our hotel than David received something called a "Priority One" emergency at work. He spent the majority of the time on the phone with conference calls and speaking in a geek language that I don't understand.

Perhaps I need to be more grateful that I'm married to someone that cares about earning a living to make wonderful things possible for me and the family. I really should be more flexible and understanding.

I came home to some good news that a pair of siblings were adopted that I had rescued several months earlier. You might remember these two - they were called "kittens X" at the shelter:
When I called the family to congratulate them, I accidently spilled the beans to the young daughters (who had just arrived home) that their foster kittens had been adopted. *ARGH*

Fortunately, I had just the thing for two little girls who missed their foster kittens! David and I scrambled back in the car with sweet little Patty. I think Patty will LOVE being with this family. The girls are gentle and kind. I can't think of a better way of getting over loss of having your foster kittens adopted than another foster kitten! :)

Soooo....in the blink of an eye....she's gone. :) Patty was only at my house for 2 hours - not even long enough to use the litterbox.

Unfortunately, there's no shortage of cats at the shelter who need me. I won't bother to put the litterbox away.

16 comments:

Smartypants said...

I was completely in love with "kittens x" back when I first saw them on Kim's site! I'm so thrilled they were adopted to a home together. Great news! I'm sure Patty will be very happy in her new foster home. Things have a way of working out!

Unknown said...

Have you seen Doodle on the site? He's so cute! If I wasn't taking another pregnant mom on Tuesday I'd be bringing him home in a second!!

Anonymous said...

OOOh, Patty is a little darling...even with one beautiful big eye. I'm sure she'll be well cared for. So glad she was rescued & now 3 kittens are adopted.
And yes, those calls from the office will dampen anyone's romantic getaway. Been there.

House of the Discarded said...

Justine: Ooooo! I've already had two phone calls about Doodle. Don't worry - he'll be rescued!

-B

Caroline said...

Hi Beth, Great turn around on the kittens! A man working is better than no man at all! Trust me!

Nicole Divitcoff said...

Yay Falon and Davey have been adopted!! I was the one who named them after my cousins! Did they get put into a Petsmart? How did the daughters not know they had been adopted?

Anonymous said...

Space for another cat in your house, you say? I think it's time Miriam or Cute Black Guy's mom got out of there, don't you? :)

Anonymous said...

What about Eyore? She's so beautiful ...

Anonymous said...

Or Jessie?

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=15753942



There's no end, and the season hasn't even started yet.

Anonymous said...

I know we don't get a say, but what about Wedgie? He just looks like he could use a lot of help.
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=15845286

House of the Discarded said...

Anonymous: Wedgie sure is a pitiful looking guy :(

Cat said...

Patty is so beautiful, it is such a pity she lost her eye. However, I'm sure she will have a chance at a wonderful life now thanks to you Beth.

Catrina

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth, you talked about your neighbors lately..any news ???

Anonymous said...

Sorry it was a less than perfect holiday, Beth. I bet those "priority" phone calls are *annoying!!!!* But you really *are* lucky to be with someone who loves you so much they let you pursue your passion and supports you financially through it all :). I sometimes think that when I see your blog...she is so lucky to be with someone who must be such a good guy who appreciates her :). Hugs to you, and thank you for being such a fabulous person yourself.

Caroline said...

Doodle looks like he would be a fast turn around.

House of the Discarded said...

Anonymous: Not a peep from the Squirrel-Killing-Animal-Hating Neighbours! (Although I've probably just jinxed it!)