Tuesday, June 07, 2011

The Shermin-ator

Every once in a while I foster a cat that absolutely exhausts me.  Sherman seems to be one of those cats.  He's 12 weeks old of undeniable cuteness.  But "thars horns under those ears!" 

Last night, I realized that Sherman could figure out how to get INTO the cat den, but couldn't figure out how to use the kitty door to come back into the house.   I went to bed as I always do, but sat straight up in bed around 1 am when I heard thunder and lightening.  "What if the baby is outside in the cat den and can't get in??"

When I didn't find him in the cat den, my imagination went wild.  "He must've found a way out of the cat den!"  I woke up David. 

My youngest son was still up, so we went outside in bare feet, robes and flashlights.  David reluctantly got up and we're all outside shaking a bag of Temptation Treats and tip toeing around dog poop in the grass.  David seems to be the only one with brains in the middle of the night and went back inside and found "The Sherminator"  lounging around in the basement.

 This guy is into everything! I've sent half-finished emails when Sherman stepped on "Enter".  He climbs the screens, and eats bugs. Last night, he jumped on the dinner table, grabbed a piece of something off my son's place and ran with it.

Then today:



Tomorrow I have a painting company coming in to paint the baseboards and hallways in my house.  I tried to warn them about The Sherminator...

...they only smiled and nodded.  They haven't met "The Sherminator".  But they will.  Oh yes, they will.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is AWESOME! If he makes you too crazy, I bet he'd fit in with my gang. I love those troublemakers. Even when I have to completely replace blinds and several books. ;)

Renee

Fuzzy Tales said...

OMG, he reminds me of Nicki, both in appearance and nosiness. LOL! I'm sure I'd pull every hair out of my head if I had to deal with another one (at the same time). :-D

Good luck to that painting company. Hahahaha!

JLi said...

I LOVE him!!!...Because he is ALL tabby cuteness!!! And you're starving that poor poor little innocent creature....LOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mwhahahahaha!! I love his complete non-reaction at being discovered in the garbage :D As if he's hanging out in there every day and he's wondering what the fuss is about :-)

He is awesome :-) And Gaby....awwww, such a lovely girl :-)

Before we turn in for the night, I insist in a 'cat count'. Just to make sure there are no cats locked in bathrooms, closets or Matt's study.... Batman knows how to get *out* of our cat den but is mystified about getting *in*. So we're good on that front :-)

Sherman is awesome...just awesome :-)


Cindy, Bertie, Sammy, Malley and Batman

Caroline said...

Lol! Gotta love the mental picture of the 3 of you outside in the middle of the night looking for Sherman! Poor David, he's a brave soul! I had a similar thing happen when I got my rescued dachshund (Piper) 6 yrs ago, I was staying at my parents and let him out into the enclosed backyard but when I went to let him in he wasn't there so I assumed he got under the fence and told my mom I was going off in the car to find him. I passed some old ladies who said they had seen him in the park so I went there, but there was no Piper so I went back home and there he was in the house, I don't know where he had been when I was calling him in the backyard but he obviously hadn't gone far as he came to the door soon after I left to search for him.

Tina said...

I have a little Sherminator myself except female and her name is Sophie....unless she's being bad which is most of the time and then it's Sophie Marie! Only kitty I've ever had that loves to chew on expensive computer cords....drives my husband crazy! Loved seeing the kitties in action on the video.....little Gabby is such a sweetie pie!

Sparkle said...

I love Sherman! He is so young, yet he is already a pro! He could teach adult cats lessons on getting into trouble.

Anonymous said...

I love the way you give in to Sherman at the end: "You can have anything you want" - except garbage. You can't stay mad at such an adorable imp. ;D

Carolyn

Unknown said...

So cute! So much personality!! He reminds me of a kitten I fostered last year!

Steve Bartlett said...

The cat den story reminds me of the time I was frantically searching for Ellie, only to discover that she's climbed up inside the sofa and was happily curled up in the drawer under the middle seat. Now if I can't find her that's the first place I look.

Random Felines said...

I love the look on his face in the trashcan - that "who me??" expression that gets kittens everywhere out of trouble. Everyone needs a little Sherman in their lives.... Though he may need to get a time out when the painters are there...mom found several spots on some of us when they painted here!!

Windelynn said...

Hahha he acts like crazy black weird cat aka Quinn. She may look sweet but shes a nutter like your Shermy.

Windelynn said...

Omg his antics sound like crazy QUINN!! She sounds as nutty as your Sherman