Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pulleeeeeze Me....

It's 5 pm, and I should be starting dinner, but have SO little motivation to do so.  Looks like it's going to be me and David only tonight - sort of a picture of things to come once the last kid leaves the nest later this year.  Suddenly, it'll be me, David and the cats. (and Maggie too! woof!)

Since the crap-fest day yesterday, I've had little motivation to do much.  If it didn't make me happy, I didn't do it.  So today, I didn't wash my hair, had coffee with a friend, ate a bagel for lunch and went to the shelter and rescued a cat.   Little "Amber" is the fortunate one today:
She's a sweet 6 month old monkey.  I was told at the shelter that another rescuer was going to take her and changed her mind.  Who could change their mind about THIS sweetie pie??  She's safe and happy tonight.   
Weather permitting, I'll probably go back tomorrow and rescue another.   Right now, rescuing feels like a "fix" that I need to have.  It feels good to rescue and after dealing with some of life's recent day to day crap, I need to feeeeel good.  

As I type this blog post, an update from Amber's foster Mom came in after picking her up from the vet: "...She started purring and fell into my arms when the vet brought her out. She's gorgeous! & she was an angel on the drive home, I didn't hear a peep from her..."

Things are looking up!  :)

2 comments:

Robyn said...

She is such a cutie, glad to know she is safe.

Yidchick said...

She is so cute! :)