Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Procrastination

I haven't been to the shelter since I arrived home from vacation. For once my head feels clear of the little faces that usually haunt my mind. I have a small list of cats to rescue, but for the moment it feels good to putter around the house, do laundry and make decent meals for a change.

My youngest son has strep throat, and my throat started to hurt yesterday and I feel run down. I've teased him that it's because we both kiss the same cats all the time, we no doubt infected each other that way. I started myelf on leftover antibiotics and am hoping that this will do the trick. I hate sitting in a doctor's waiting room - such a waste of my time. Between my back injury and now my strep throat, I'm feeling pretty pitiful.

Some cute Before and After pictures have been sitting in my Inbox and dying to share:

Smidget (now "Boom-Boom") before....


"BoomBoom" after....snug as a bug :)

Pretty "Locket" was taken off the euthanasia list 4 times....

Locket's family is so happy to have her! Her new name is "Emily"

"Wiggles" is the kind of guy that seems happy to be *anywhere*!

Ask Wiggles today, and he'll tell you "being loved and kissed is MUCH better!"

Yep....being loved and kissed is MUCH better than a cage. I'd better take some Advil and get out to the shelter tomorrow. :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE Wiggles "after" picture. That guy should be on People magazine's Sexiest Man Alive! What is it about a guy showing affection towards an animal?

kb said...

Wiggles....best 'before and after' pictures ever!

Smartypants said...

I LOVE the before/after photos! Aaaah Wiggles! I didn't know he was rescued - great news, awesome picture - what a sweetheart!!

J.

Anonymous said...

YAY! I am so glad Wiggles got out. Now, my last holdout - Chance. How's he doing?

Crystal said...

Yes! I have to agree Wiggles(now Ty)and his foster dad are pretty cute together! *wink*
Ty is doing great...what a sweetheart! We are blessed to have him in our lives!

Caroline said...

Great before and after pics! Always make me smile! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello? Chance? Update? Pretty please?

House of the Discarded said...

Anonymous: I don't know about our buddy Chance. I think another rescue picked him up! Wouldn't that be great? :)

Anonymous said...

That would be great. Definitely greater than him dying because he was so sick or euthanized. I guess I'll just keep hoping. :)

Kate said...

Beth!

I just love love LOVE before and afters! I love seeing them blossom in a REAL home environment where they're cared for.

Love it!