Tuesday, January 01, 2008

It's New Years Day for Everybody Else...

My calendar isn't like everybody else's. Most people think of January 1st as a fresh start and a day of renewal. I think, "It's January - it's going to be a good adoption month." Everybody who waited to adopt because of the holidays will be calling in January. Whoo Hoo. January also means there will be very few kittens at the shelter too! Less cats to euthanize. Whoo Hoo Part Deux!

My New Years Resolution was to start a blog. So here it is. If you're looking for an eloquently written piece of inspiration, this might not be it. It's a diary. A diary for people who love ALL animals - not just cats. It's going to contain my thoughts, passion, and love for rescuing these wonderful felines. I hope it will speak volumes for those of you who are walking the walk, and inspire those who want to help.

It's about love.

1 comment:

Social Mange said...

Great start, Beth! Give yourself some well-deserved pats on the back for doing the shelter runs, organizing the foster homes, dealing with the vets, moving cats around when the inevitable stuff happens, and keeping the bills paid so we can keep rescuing cats.

And especially, bless you for putting up with my endless e-mails of "can I have that one? and that one? and that one?" whenever I look at the shelter list *LOLOL*.

Blogging is great therapy...enjoy!