Since April 1st - May 4th, the rescue has had more than 121 adoptions! That kind of adoption number takes super human strength, huge support and volunteers that are rockstars.
It's funny. When I first started the rescue, I would be content/thrilled/stupified with 30 adoptions per month. (....and STILL would be happy!) A month that equals to an adoption each day would've been INCREDIBLE. (We're not a big rescue, so am still stupified!)
If you look at my desk, my home, and my life you'll probably see what DIDN'T happen:
1. The Charity's Return was sent out OVERNIGHT mail on the last possible day without penalty.
2. I have adoption cash in piles in drawers because I haven't had time to count it out and go to the bank. Too busy to make a bank deposit????? SERIOUSLY????
3. I take great pride in keeping our website up to date. But that ain't happening with a 121 cat adoption month.
4. Tight follow up with foster parents who have sick cats or other concerns. Thank you for doing a great job when I wasn't so great of a leader.
5. Healthy, wonderful meals....um....no.
6. Sex. Ask David. Men don't forget this stuff.
7. I have dark roots, unmanicured hands and feet and hair on my upper lip. (Hmm. See #6)
By 10 am yesterday morning, I had 5 HUGE emergency calls from foster parents with kittens in distress. My own foster kitten was in emergency vets Saturday night after making a Peter Pan dive off the banister onto our wood floors....$500.00 ThankYouVeryMuch. Our white cat Ozzy had a full mouth extraction on Friday and needed me too.
I woke up this morning with a *start*. I made a pledge to do NO cat stuff today. I left the website alone and David and I took off for a hike on The Bruce Trail. We went shopping, had lunch at a cute bistro and neither one of us cared that I had hairy legs.
|Taken in front of the Bistro today|
Sitting back tonight, I'm thinking about 121 cats in their new homes. That's a load of cats, eh? I need to get going on the administration of the rescue. *Somebody* needs to insure that there is money for the 75 of the 121 cats (kittens) adopted to be spayed and neutered 3 months from now. But I think a bank deposit will help that! (See #2)
So yeah. I'm still alive. I miss blogging. I've never stopped this long and promise to continue on a much more regular basis. I really appreciate all the emails and comments I received asking if I was OK.
I'm definitely OK, but a little too tired to enjoy the mega-adoption buzz. :)