Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Juggling and Scrambling

Lately, it feels like I've been doing the ol' rescue "juggling act".  Rescues, sick cats, lots of phone calls, and paying bills.  These things are the norm in rescue, but when you add me being so sick, a sick son and multiple doctor appointments, it feels like I've been scrambling and juggling for the past couple of weeks.

I'm not complaining.  Really, I'm not.  I just received an application for our 35th foster parent, and met our 34th foster parent at the shelter today to rescue "Celeste":
Based on the cage cards, Celeste had been at the shelter the longest.  Through no fault of her own, she had accidently scratched the vet tech at the shelter and ended up serving 10 days in quarantine.  During that time, one of the staff members was looking for her and wanted to adopt her.  When they didn't see her in the usual spot, they assumed she had been euthanized, and adopted somebody else. 

Poor Celeste.  She really got the raw end of the shelter "experience". 

As usual, there's so many sweet cats at the shelter right now.  There's one guy named "Argo" that I would LOVE to rescue.  He has awful URI and needs some nursing care to get him through it.  He's definitely not going to get better in a shelter cage.  I was really glad to see his cute tabby face today when I walked into the shelter.  It was a "vet day" today, so you never know who's going to surivive.

I'm cooking dinner tonight for the first night in a week.  Pizza boxes and take out menus seem to line my kitchen counters lately.  It's time to shake off the dust and reorganize. 

I am woman.  Hear me roar. (meow.)

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Yay for Celeste, she has beautiful tabby markings that remind me of an owl's wings. Hope you are feeling better, I haven't really cooked since before I moved in November and I currently can't find my recipe box which is probably still packed away.