Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A HodgePodge Of Rambling....

It's 10:00 am and I'm still in my robe working on administrative stuff for the rescue.  Since David's retirement, my schedule has completely changed.  I wake up at 9 am, and go to bed at  about midnight.  I'm not sure what on earth possesses me to wake up at 9 am!  I feel like it's the middle of the day. 

Yesterday, I went into my favourite store (Home Sense!)  to buy new towels.  David wanted to come with me - believe me - that wasn't encouraged!   I came out with 4 new towels and some ridiculous "Kiss the Cat" sign.  Admittedly, it was a huge impulse buy.   Maybe it was my way of showing my newly retired husband that the house is still my domain and I'll buy a frickin' (albeit stupid) cat sign if I want to.  :)

Despite the new changes in my life, I've enjoyed November enormously.  There have been very few rescue pressures and little drama.  The phones are ringing with adoption calls and the neighbourhood is showing signs of Christmas decorating.

My BIG news is that our other house has FINALLY sold!  Soon  we will no longer have the burden of both houses and that could be a major reason for my lighter-than-normal mood. 

As the holidays begin, I always get horribly sentimental about the homeless animals and wonder if they notice that there's less spotlight on them and more on holiday decorating, shopping and family. 

It's time for me to get a foster cat.  It's long overdue and now that we're settled...it's time. 

Lately, these blog posts have been a hodgepodge of rambling thoughts.  Looking forward to meeting whomever my new foster guy will be :)


5 comments:

Caroline said...

Congratulations on selling your house! Definitely a reason to celebrate and buy some stuff at HomeSense! Glad you're getting another foster cat too!

Fuzzy Tales said...

Concats on selling the house, Beth. A perfect early-Christmas "gift." :-)

Renee said...

I actually think you need two foster cats. The more the merrier.

Congrats on selling the other house!

AND I think you need to read this: http://thebloggess.com/2011/06/and-thats-why-you-should-learn-to-pick-your-battles/

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Congratulations on selling the house!!

Debbie said...

Glad to hear the house sold!!
Ig you get a couple of new foster and they are tabbies, David won't even notice !!LOL!!!
Glad things are going smoothly