Wednesday, December 05, 2012

After the Rescue

As always, it felt sad to be at the shelter yesterday.  Although it was  a "Vet day" that morning, there were still quite a few cats that were  hopeful that their family or a rescue might show up to save their lives. But it's always the EMPTY cages that bother me the most.

It was time  for me to pick a foster for myself.  We're settled into our new home and the cats seem happy.  I may have bitten off more than I could chew with "Merry":
Merry was meowing pitifully in her cage and although I figured she might have a chance at another rescue taking her....why couldn't THAT rescue be ME?  She's 10 weeks of perfect cuteness:

I didn't realize it at the time, but the spots on this girl are pretty amazing.  She definitely has an attitude and I'm terrified that Sherman might teach her some tricks of the trade.

As promised, I also rescued a sweet Persian that we've named "Feliz":


 It never ceases to amaze me what 24 hours worth of love in a foster home can do:

Doesn't that look like THE PERFECT spot for a cat?  I feel like getting a cup of tea and curling up with her in that sunny window! 

Let's hope they stay healthy...

5 comments:

Sparkle said...

I wonder if Merry is going to grow into those big ears?! Feliz is AWESOME - I bet neither one will be around long... which means more room to rescue kitties!

Anonymous said...


A happy, happy day, Beth Thanks to you and the foster Mom ! Hoping for more " Merrys " for Christmas.. Thank you again. Feliz is delightful and may I say ( even if it IS a little early..FELIZ NAVIDAD !
Love Gail

P.S. Hope our little Bengal and the sweet gray Tabby can be saved too..

Renee said...

Feliz's before and after really made my day. She already looks like a princess again - you KNOW she was a princess at some point in her life. What a beautiful and lucky girl.

shannon said...

that persian looks AMAZING. So glad she is out of there and in a nice comfy window! thanks for saving her!

Caroline said...

Yay for Feliz and Merry. Merry has that look about her that screams trouble, Have fun!