Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Tide is Turning

Maybe it's been so long since good news has come through this rescue that when it finally started rolling in I didn't recognize it right away.

Within a 30 minute time period, we had 3 adoption calls: two of them were for black cats - Scooter and Annie. The other for a little butterball, older calico named Razberry.

If that wasn't enough good news, one of our foster homes tells me that $2500.00 is on our way from their employer who donates to charitable organizations based on their volunteer time of their employees!! Whoo hooo! I can pay the vet bill this week! This is a huge load off my mind. There were tears streaming down my face when she told me. I hadn't realized how worried I had been about it.

I'd like to put this bit of good news in a bathtub and bathe in it for a while. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

So this morning, I'm sitting here sipping my coffee and listening to the pitter-patter of galloping paws upstairs. My house is clean and my laundry is done. It's a rainy day and I'm hopeful that three hard-to-adopt cats will find forever homes this week, and I get to make a $2500.00 deposit.

Even if the adoptions don't go through, it felt so good to know that adopters inquired about them. Foster homes need good news too.

I'm lifting my coffee mug this morning in a toast to "Good News - I love ya, man - welcome to our rescue. Sit down and stay awhile"

No comments: